trajectory

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobnoffs

Reaction score
i have been poking around the internet looking for trajectory charts for black powder bullets. not having a lot of luck. plenty of ''apps'' that will figure it for you.
anyway......i came across some testing a shooter did with different bullets. according to his tests the most efficient bullets drop 1/2 what the poorest performers [hornady xpt] drop. i guess in all my life of shooting, reloading i have never seen such a thing. a barnes drops 9'' at 200 yds. vs. hornady drops 20''. of course same initial velocity and bullet weight. have others found this to be true?
bob noffs

I would not trust the info.
Thought I’d do a quick comparison.
Bullets similar to SST have a BC of 0.21
2000fps
250gr bullet
BC1-0.15
BC2-0.3

D1298453-6067-452E-837E-7DFA6C9B9640.jpeg
C36733DE-CA90-4C7C-AA9B-8548B14F68D1.jpeg

That is Cecil's claim and remember he is in business to sell his bullets. Many of his claimed BCs appear to be greatly inflated. Its not exactly like he chose some of the competitions better BC bullets available for his "testing".

thanks guys for the info. found the hornady calculator website and the bh209 chart in all this.
since my newly acquired 300gr hornady's grouped under 1/2'' at 50 yds. with 77gr weighed bh209 i'm gonna run with that. chronograph, 200 yd range, this is gonna work.
bob noffs

thanks guys for the info. found the hornady calculator website and the bh209 chart in all this.
since my newly acquired 300gr hornady's grouped under 1/2'' at 50 yds. with 77gr weighed bh209 i'm gonna run with that. chronograph, 200 yd range, this is gonna work.
bob noffs

Bob: I posted "Calcualte your own BC" in the 'Long Range Hunting and Target Shooting' section of this site, not long ago.
While you're at the range, perform your own testing/results.
Good luck

Thread:
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/calculate-your-own-bc.34080/

Latest posts

Back