tree seats?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapfrog

Reaction score
anyone on here use those strap on tree seats?.was looking at the one made by Summit..

It's portable and looks comfy..lol...I have trouble with cold feet and like to be close

to the ground so I can get up and walk around some..Thanks for any comments..john

I've tried a couple different tree seats and don't care for them much. I take a folding camp chair along with a closed cell foam and a thermal seat cushion to go on the seat. The foam provides a solid sitting platform while the cushion helps fill the seat a little so I don't feel like my butt is close to the ground. They also afford some really decent insulation. Going to a stand with the chair as such is a snap and quiet. The tree seats where your back uses the tree as a back rest are noisy if your hunting coats brushes against that rough bark. too.

I made a couple from the bottom of a climber tree stand, you can adjust the angle of them on tree to make super comfortable.. just get a 4 in piece of firm foam or a thick gel pad for cushion and get you a cheap chair cushion for back rest, put a set of carry straps on and they are very comfortable and light.. can put on big or small trees etc. The top off a old API Bowhunter stand also makes a good tree seat w/the open front.

I have one of the first Summit seats. It is comfortable and have sat all day several times using it. The only thing I did not like was carrying mine. It was a tad bulky by I figured out a way to do it. The problem was that the arms did not fold up. They improved the later models by making the arms fold up. That would resolve the issue.

Re: RE: tree seats?

2frogs said:
anyone on here use those strap on tree seats?.was looking at the one made by Summit..

It's portable and looks comfy..lol...I have trouble with cold feet and like to be close

to the ground so I can get up and walk around some..Thanks for any comments..john
If you can find one the tree lounge tree seat is the best I've used I think a new company has started again but not sure the the tree seat is being built

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: tree seats?

2frogs said:

Tree lounge strap to tree seats being made again under the name tree lounger check them out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ShawnT said:
I have one of the first Summit seats. It is comfortable and have sat all day several times using it. The only thing I did not like was carrying mine. It was a tad bulky by I figured out a way to do it. The problem was that the arms did not fold up. They improved the later models by making the arms fold up. That would resolve the issue.

iordered one..hope is worth it...thanks,,john :drinkers:

2frogs said:
ShawnT said:

iordered one..hope is worth it...thanks,,john :drinkers:
Enjoy! Was it the Summit Trophy Chair? That is what I have.

the tree seat I got does fold up. light weight as well..
good :yeah: :nono: idea about the carpet..thanks

I like my tree seat Its great for napping to.
532ff82c9a4fd464540c37da0ccf4c05.jpg

2d8b643ece7ad8b6d44bd7a22827f220.jpg

I guess I just getting old and lazy.[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

masakimm said:

damn thats a beauty... :partyman:

Re: RE: Re: tree seats?

2frogs said:
masakimm said:

damn thats a beauty... :partyman:
Yeah its makes it hard to stay awake though. which was good today since it was cold and rainy not much to see but to wet to leave the stand. So take a nap worked well.

Construction grade stand....I love it. And the seat.

Back