Trigger Help With Older Optima Pro

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve825

Reaction score
Having some trouble with the trigger on an older CVA Optima Pro, pre 2010, that I'm hoping maybe someone can help with. The trigger assembly is actually new/old stock, it's fired less than 20 shots. Was working fine then suddenly the firing pin stopped engaging. If I pull the trigger real hard the firing pin will engage, but when I pull the trigger normal, nothing. Firing pin is clean, that was the first thing I checked. Under the hammer I see a piece of metal that should engage the firing pin when the hammer drops. Instead that piece appears to be dropping below the firing pin. So I'm assuming I need to take the assembly apart but once I'm in there I'm wondering what to look for to fix this? Hopefully this isn't entirely confusing and I appreciate any help!

I don't know much about the trigger assembly but I would contact CVA and see what they have to say. You can search the forum here and see what you can find out also.

I've been able to find photos and diagrams but nothing to my specific problem.

Another option I do have is I'm still within a 30 day return window from the seller I bought it from. And I have an old trigger assembly that works fine. It's on my .45. Only thing with this is I fitted my barrel to this new trigger and now it has some slop with the old trigger. Trying to think of ways I can remove that slop, it's pretty loose.

I would contact Cva and see what they have to say about it. I don't know anything about the trigger assembly other than cleaning and lubing. I used to have a Optima Pro years ago and it was a good shooting muzzleloader! A little heavy but I liked it.

I talked to the person I bought it from last night and he's sending out another one. So problem solved! Yeah I really like the old muzzy. It's 19 years old now and still shoots great! I have a .45 and a .50 barrel for it and I just interchange the barrels. Then recently I found this new/old stock for cheap. So I picked up another trigger and a stock for the other barrel. Rabbit hole!

I talked to the person I bought it from last night and he's sending out another one. So problem solved! Yeah I really like the old muzzy. It's 19 years old now and still shoots great! I have a .45 and a .50 barrel for it and I just interchange the barrels. Then recently I found this new/old stock for cheap. So I picked up another trigger and a stock for the other barrel. Rabbit hole!
I had a 12 gauge shotgun barrel for mine but I never got around to firing it! I wish that I would have kept it now! I bought it for $50 brand new on clearance and it was camouflaged with a scope mount!

$50! Dang... Originally I bought mine from a buddy because I mainly wanted the scope that was on it. I paid up for the scope and figured the gun was a bonus.

I had around $400 in the package and I got $600 out of it. That's after I hunting with it for 3 years! 😁

Latest posts

Back