trigger Job 10/22

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
I took the trigger group out of my 10/22. I cocked and pulled the trigger several times and noticed the hammer actually had to be pulled down by the trigger before it could release up and forward. Had this gun for 30 years and never liked the trigger. Im determined to make it a tack driver and have no doubt the trigger is the place to start. I used a you tube video and after 3 tries finally got the nice clean trigger pull and release I liked. It was not difficult at all. I used stones from a Lasky sharpening kit to do the work. I would highly recommend doing this for any of the 10/22s out there. I did consider buying a trigger improvement package or trigger group but they get expensive. Ive done several trigger jobs on CF rifles and love the results. I have several other mods I need to make before Im through but just wanted to let you know it is easy enough. Just do a little at a time, follow the video, and plan about 1-2 hours to do it.

Back