Trigger time .........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Had some time and headed to the club for some long range time. I didn't get to shoot as much maybe as I'd have liked, as there was some old boy there that REALLY liked to talk. LOL
He was a great guy, loved talking shooting, and, was a good shot shooting one of those 6.5 things.

The mirage wasn't as bad today as the last time and I wanted to check drops, with just a couple rounds after the barrel was fouled.

HOWEVER..................... IT WILL EFFECT DROPS.

500yds..........

500yds.jpg

600yds.................

600yds.jpg

Same guy was there. I got 5 rounds down range and I don't know how.
I finally had to tactfully explain to him that I needed to concentrate 100% on loading.
As mentioned........ he's a great guy, good shot but just loves talking.

Rifle is cleaned and ready to go for next weekend at Camp Atterbury. If everything works out as I believe it will, I'll be heading to Friendship after Sunday's two 1,000yd relays.
Motels are booked. I'll load up on Thursday and head out early Friday morning for the 8hr drive.
This will be fun.

Same guy was there. I got 5 rounds down range and I don't know how.
I finally had to tactfully explain to him that I needed to concentrate 100% on loading.
As mentioned........ he's a great guy, good shot but just loves talking.

Rifle is cleaned and ready to go for next weekend at Camp Atterbury. If everything works out as I believe it will, I'll be heading to Friendship after Sunday's two 1,000yd relays.
Motels are booked. I'll load up on Thursday and head out early Friday morning for the 8hr drive.
This will be fun.
Good luck to you and 45-70! Expect a full report with pics when you get back.

Hopefully your practice sessions were done from X-sticks. Getting comfortable and settled into your natural point of aim is REALLY important when shooting from prone X-S. X

Thanks X.

Yup, yesterday was X-sticks day. My sticks are still marked from last year.
I thought it was hard getting up and down last June, its a little tougher now with this knee and all the issues I've had with it. Looks like I'll be on Amoxicillin for the rest of my days, and all that antibiotic creates other problems.
I'm going to have fun. I'll shoot the best I can for the day, but having fun shooting with others is a priority. Nobody up here to shoot muzzloaders with.

Latest posts

Back