Triple 7 "Crud Ring" Poll

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feelings on the Triple 7 Crud Ring

• It really irritates me, I'm looking for a better propellant.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • It does not greatly bother me, I will continue using T7.

• I don't use Triple 7, or use it very little.

• Total voters
It does not greatly bother me, I will continue using T7.

That's where I am. No crud ring in Disc Extreme, no crud ring in Hawkeye pistol, no crud ring in Omega when using 25 ACP ignition. When using 209's in the Omega the crud is horrid.

Crud ring is almost non existant in my Disc Elite. I Spitpatch after every shot. If I didn't it might be an issue...but only on the range. While hunting I carry a clean gun. Follow up shots for me are still easy to load. So I guess I'll keep using 777 till I go smokeless. If that ever happens...It was a big step just to get me off the RB's and Goex. :)

Rember back a few years? Even though it's still not "smokeless" I think it's still a real "Blessing". Just ask Mrs. Spit...she hates rotton eggs. :wink:

The only rifle I DONT get a crud ring in is my WHITE.. :shock:

I'm not a fan of the crud ring
:oops: :cry:

Crud ring is there, but not bad in the Encore .50 barrel. It is worse in the .45 barrel. Didn't notice it in the System One shotgun and haven't tried T7 in the .54 Renegade yet.

Looking forward to trying out the Remington Kleanbore 209's whenever they get here.

I get it in an Omega so I swab between shots. No big deal I have to swab anyway. I have the new Rem. primers and they help quite a bit only reason for using those if I have to make a follow up shot at a elk (deer will be hunted with smokeless). They do load easier with the second shot.
I have BM3 and it is cleaner but I left my gun in the sun for a few minutes while a buddy shot a few shells and the barrel heated from the sun and I could not group at all.
T7 it will be.
Redclub

Never had the "crud ring" problem with my Knight USAK with #11 caps. At worst, my only problem was a sticky breech plug which was cured by the teflon breech plug tape.

777 will be my 1st & 2nd choice in powder unless something newer and BETTER comes along. BM3 is worse in my 22" barrel and while CleanShot (APP) shot well in it, I did have moisture issues with it, while 777 has been 100% reliable since I opened my 1st bottle of it.

I shoot the 3fg 777 out of my White Super 91. No crud ring there. When I shot it out of some other 209 ignited in-lines (CVA Optima & Firebolt) I got alot of crud ring. That was 2fg 777.

Back