Triple 7 price?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LGS has a good supply of Triple 7 in stock, (3f). 38 bucks a pound. Good price?
I'm probably gonna buy a couple anyway, just checking.
You can buy T7 online at 30.00 +/- per Lb. BUT, then add in shipping & hazmat which is now adding up to more than 1lb of powder costs. Sooooooo, I can't believe I'm saying this, its actually a reasonable price right now for a LGS.

You can buy T7 online at 30.00 +/- per Lb. BUT, then add in shipping & hazmat which is now adding up to more than 1lb of powder costs. Sooooooo, I can't believe I'm saying this, its actually a reasonable price right now for a LGS.

I saw I could buy it cheaper online, but I would have to buy 4 lbs to make it cheaper per pound. Plus, I figure for a couple of bucks, I would trade with a neighbor.

Triple Seven FFG is $35/lb at two stores near me, Sportsmans Warehouse and CAL Ranch. One mom and pop store has some too but didn't notice the price.

I've bought Triple 7 2f in a store near me for $ 32.00 a pound. So I guess 38 isn't too bad.
Its crazy isn't it, that it seems like not so long ago, that powder costed less than half of the price we're talking about now that is " not too bad ". I've got 1lb powder bottles floating aropound with 12 - 14.00 price tags on them.

What I'm concerned about, is that with Blackhorn unavailable, or priced out of reason, shooters will turn to Triple 7. And then, IT will suffer the same fate.
For about $120 bucks, I can put 3 lbs on the shelf and be set for a while.
You are absolutely correct, we are already seeing the effects from the BH 209 nightmare with the other options increasing their prices bc - they can. The current prices for T7 & even smokeless powders have increased exponentially in the last 2 yrs. 30+ to 40.00+ per LB of powder is unimaginable to me. Ay whats goin on with BH 209, & Hodgdon in general, I'm at a loss for words - that I can write in here anyway.

I bought a pound of Pyrodex 2F today at a local sporting goods store. It was $35. It was the only can on the shelf, and the only can of loose BP substitute they had.

I save my real BP for flintlocks. It's not cheaper if you ship and pay the haz mat fee. No one carries it anywhere near where I live.
Schuetzen 2F/3F from Travelers $18.00 /OE 11/2 F - 2F-3F $19.00 Powder Inc delivered to (your DOOR) shipping /hazmat included per case of 25 /50 LBS mixed total allowed by law

Last edited:
The range I shoot at sells 777 and other real BP. I miss when my Brother in law could pick me up some directly from Graff and sons in Mexico Mo when he was doing installs out there

Schuetzen 2F/3F from Travelers $18.00 /OE 11/2 F - 2F-3F $19.00 Powder Inc delivered to (your DOOR) shipping /hazmat included per case of 25 /50 LBS mixed total allowed by law
Sounds good but I wouldn't use 25 to 50 pounds of BP in the next 10 years. I have been a member of my local club/gun range for more then 25 years and I have never seen anyone except me shoot BP or muzzleloaders.
Besides Triple 7 does just fine in my percussion guns.

Back