Triple 777 pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbull6x6

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but can you shoot those pellets out of a traditional muzzleloader.I know nothing about them.I realize you'd have to use 209 primer like think.Just curious.

They will work, but I’d be hesitant to hunt with it. Loose powder is cheaper per shot and much more reliable. IMO

Never tried them in a traditional muzzleloader and your probably right that a 209 would be required for the spark to reach the pellet thru a narrow flame channel that many of them have. I believe some like the Thompson Center Black Mountain Magnum were actually designed to accommodate pellets. I too prefer loose powder for its ability to flow thru a narrow flame channel, its affordability and its ability to Taylor a specific load.

The reason I asked is there is no powder to be found but these pellets in my stores.I was thinking you could dribble 5 grains loose powder for the flash channel then pellets.just thinking out

I bet they'll work fine. I dont recall having a problem lighting t7 pellets with a #11, but that was in an inline. Still, try em. Bet they work well enough.

I have hunted with a group for years where I was the only traditional (flint) hunter. Many of them used pellets in side hammer and inline muzzleloaders. I have seen days where the pellets could be seen like a tracer going down range when fired. I have seen them go "bloop" and have the round fall to the ground twenty yards down range. My accuracy tests with pellets versus loose powder demonstrated that the loose powder was more consistently accurate. For casual shooting, they may be fun but I would not bet a hunt on them. Just my experience; your mileage may vary.

ADK Bigfoot

You'd be surprised how well T7 pellets can shoot accurately............... Just say'n
My young apprentice has good luck with them. But that is in an inline designed for them.

I'd say to load about 10 grains of powder down the barrel. That should ignite the pellets ok.
Worth a try. Let us know how it goes.

Like I say I can get the triple 7 pellets all over the place might be able to figure out way to use them while this shortage is on.

From Powder Inc.

2F and 3F GOEX Black Powder Stock Update!
We are currently out of 2F and 3F GOEX powder. You can place your backorder online or by phone. Our delivery has been pushed back a week or two due to severe winter weather. We now hope to get a delivery from GOEX by March 5th, with plans to start shipping the following week. We will update you if this changes for any reason.

We apologize for the delay!

From Powder Inc.

2F and 3F GOEX Black Powder Stock Update!
We are currently out of 2F and 3F GOEX powder. You can place your backorder online or by phone. Our delivery has been pushed back a week or two due to severe winter weather. We now hope to get a delivery from GOEX by March 5th, with plans to start shipping the following week. We will update you if this changes for any reason.

We apologize for the delay!

It is available from BACO, and has been, Lots of GOEX. They are out of my Swiss 2F, hopefully it gets back in Stock soon. I will have 25 Pounds when it Does ;)

Goex 2F
https://www.buffaloarms.com/goex-2f-black-powder-goex2f.html
And Goex 3F
https://www.buffaloarms.com/goex-3f-black-powder-goex3f.html

I found some Swiss 1.5F at my normal place to buy powder. I remember trying it in a .54 but for the life of me I can't remember if I liked it. Have you ever tried it Lewis?

I found some Swiss 1.5F at my normal place to buy powder. I remember trying it in a .54 but for the life of me I can't remember if I liked it. Have you ever tried it Lewis?

I have Pete, Swiss 1.5 was very accurate powder in my little testing, The problem i had was Slight Hangfires from time to time, This was no doubt due to it’s much Courser Granulation, Trying to get it settled good under the Nipple in a Sidelock Muzzleloader. It is very important to TAP TAP TAP the Side of the Gun to settle the powder under the Nipple (more important so with this Swiss 1.5F than with finer Granulation like 2 & 3F)

I have Pete, Swiss 1.5 was very accurate powder in my little testing, The problem i had was Slight Hangfires from time to time, This was no doubt due to it’s much Courser Granulation, Trying to get it settled good under the Nipple in a Sidelock Muzzleloader. It is very important to TAP TAP TAP the Side of the Gun to settle the powder under the Nipple (more important so with this Swiss 1.5F than with finer Granulation like 2 & 3F)
I seem to remember having that problem too now that you mention it. I'll stick to 2F.

I worry more about finding #11 caps or musket caps than powder.

Anybody know who has any?

I just talked to the gun shop in the next town from me. There's no shop in my small town. That shop never runs out of anything. Even when everybody else it out. Well, not this time. He has no powder of any kind and no caps or primers.

It seems the only safe bet is black powder and a flintlock.

I worry more about finding #11 caps or musket caps than powder.

Anybody know who has any?
I'm. In pasco wa.I know where there is 1200 rws.1075 plus. Also all the 1081 musket caps you want.sportsman warehouse and ranch and home foe the 1075s.

Latest posts

Back