True Weight of PR3241SM Accura MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
Does anyone truly know what that model weighs? Just the rifle with the mount base - no nuttin' else. :)

I don't need an "according to". I need to know an actual measured weight. And it's listed as 7.05 lbs on the CVA website... but thanks.

Travis, like I told the other fellow above... I need to know the real, measured weight of that particular model. Muzzle-loader.com has most of the MR-X rifle weights incorrect but they are not alone in that regard. I appreciate you guys trying to help.

For example- the weight of this one is also said to be 6.7lbs ( CVA™ Accura MR-X - Cerakote Sniper Grey & Nitride w/ Realtree Rockslide Camo - .45 Cal 26" Barrel Threaded - 1:22 Twist - PR3226NM ) and I will guarantee you it is at least a pound heavier.

If CVA wanted lighter weight rifles, they should have stuck to the MR as it was. These new ones have wiped out one very nice feature and added some BS ones.

Last edited:
This is what I do. Jump on the bathroom scales with/without the rifle and I can know how much the rifle weighs. Example my Weihrauch scoped HW95L weighs 9 LB 2.5 OZ. My scoped Accura V2 weighs 8.8 LBS. I believe that the CVA Accuras are excellent BP rifles.

1656776625052.png

It wouldn't be except that I've been told anywhere from 6.35 to 8 lbs. Seems to me the weight of any rifle /shotgun/handgun is important. Shouldn't be a guessing game.

It wouldn't be except that I've been told anywhere from 6.35 to 8 lbs. Seems to me the weight of any rifle /shotgun/handgun is important. Shouldn't be a guessing game.
8.9 pounds with muzzleloader.com scope and rings.

Ryan, thanks! Could you tell which model of MR-X and which scope and rings?
Accura .45 rockslide with adjustable raised cheek stock. , I just got it 6 months ago. Scope is 3x9 x 40 genesis, it came mounted so I don't know what rings. That's the best I can do for you. Hope it helps.

How do you arrive at that number, Encore50A? If weight is unimportant to you, I think you should refrain from comment. Your number is more BS.

How do you arrive at that number, Encore50A? If weight is unimportant to you, I think you should refrain from comment. Your number is more BS.
Wow! Attitude this morning???? Get a grip...........

8.9 pounds with muzzleloader.com scope and rings.

So if that's an actual, subtract the approximate weight of the scope and mounts.

If you have to know to the "grain", I suggest you stop asking here and on FB and go find one and weigh it yourself. That way you won't have to worry about other's comments and them being right or wrong. No more BS.

And you are suggesting the scope and mounts weigh 1.9 lbs? It would be much simpler if you simply kept your comments to yourself. I have none available to me anywhere nearby. And you are being anything but helpful.

And you are suggesting the scope and mounts weigh 1.9 lbs? It would be much simpler if you simply kept your comments to yourself. I have none available to me anywhere nearby. And you are being anything but helpful.

It'd be much simpler if you didn't need the weight down to the actual GRAIN. People have tried to help you, yet for some reason not a single answer has satisfied you. Everyone here that has responded has tried to be "helpful" but, everyone appears to be wrong. Appears that way over on FB too.

Now 1.9#??? Got to be darn close but.............. I'm sorry I, nor anyone else can't provide you with an actual weight down to the grain.

Close? Well check out what has already been responded..... Even you say its 7.05# on the CVA website.

I don't need an "according to". I need to know an actual measured weight. And it's listed as 7.05 lbs on the CVA website... but thanks.

Take a nap..............

Was a little interesting to track this down but their house brand scope appears to be NcStar. So 16oz if you go by the NcStar website. Cant believe they went with such a really low end brand for their "house brand" scope.

Durasight rail and rings have no weight listed but they are not steel and wont be anywhere near .9lbs. It should be pointed out that the 8.9lb package weight is for a 45cal and the 50cal should weigh less.

Back