True Weight of PR3241SM Accura MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a little interesting to track this down but their house brand scope appears to be NcStar. So 16oz if you go by the NcStar website. Cant believe they went with such a really low end brand for their "house brand" scope.

Durasight rail and rings have no weight listed but they are not steel and wont be anywhere near .9lbs. It should be pointed out that the 8.9lb package weight is for a 45cal and the 50cal should weigh less.
I don't want to be too particular, but I certainly agree. ;)

Im pretty sure CVA did not cut a new contour for the 45cal vs the 50cal. So assuming that is true the 45cal barrel has to weigh more. A good question would be, "does anyone have the OD of the barrels at the muzzle" to confirm this assumption.

It'd be much simpler if you didn't need the weight down to the actual GRAIN. People have tried to help you, yet for some reason not a single answer has satisfied you. Everyone here that has responded has tried to be "helpful" but, everyone appears to be wrong. Appears that way over on FB too.

Now 1.9#??? Got to be darn close but.............. I'm sorry I, nor anyone else can't provide you with an actual weight down to the grain.

Close? Well check out what has already been responded..... Even you say its 7.05# on the CVA website.

Take a nap..............

Travis299 said:
Muzzleloader lists at 6.7 LBS. CVA™ Accura MR-X - .50 Cal 26" Barrel Threaded - Stainless Steel Barrel Black Stock 1:28 Twist - PR3241SM

I made a mistake and it should be 49,305 grains unloaded & without the sling attached!

The gun is available to anyone one muzzleloader. Com, same place I bought mine. Just lay down the credit card and you can have the exact weight right in front of you.

Im pretty sure CVA did not cut a new contour for the 45cal vs the 50cal. So assuming that is true the 45cal barrel has to weigh more. A good question would be, "does anyone have the OD of the barrels at the muzzle" to confirm this assumption.
I can when I get back home, I hope to help anyone I can.

Why is it necessary to be a smart ass about a rifle's weight? It USED to be a big consideration (weight) in choosing a rifle based upon intended use. I guess not many put value in what used to be important.

Travis, like I told the other fellow above... I need to know the real, measured weight of that particular model. Muzzle-loader.com has most of the MR-X rifle weights incorrect but they are not alone in that regard. I appreciate you guys trying to help.

For example- the weight of this one is also said to be 6.7lbs ( CVA™ Accura MR-X - Cerakote Sniper Grey & Nitride w/ Realtree Rockslide Camo - .45 Cal 26" Barrel Threaded - 1:22 Twist - PR3226NM ) and I will guarantee you it is at least a pound heavier.

If CVA wanted lighter weight rifles, they should have stuck to the MR as it was. These new ones have wiped out one very nice feature and added some BS ones.
Doesn't look as if anyone that's read this thread has that particular gun without a scope mounted. Just curious because I don't know anything about this particular model although I do have the Optima. What is the very nice feature that was wiped out and what are as you say BS features that were added.

The "light weight" has been sacrificed as the rifles are now much heavier so far as I can tell. The stock design has been seriously altered to include the adjustable comb and manner in which the forearm is removed/installed (more weight from both changes). An extra inch has been added to barrel length and I can't imagine that gaining much. The threads at the muzzle make very little sense to me on a muzzleloader. Apparently the trigger adjustment has become more "lawyer compliant". And the overall balance of the rifle is MUCH worse than the previous MR models.

There was nothing wrong with the Accura MR and a whole lot right!

Those are just the opinion of someone that would like a reasonable answer to what a rifle weighs. Probably ALL wrong.
I did get the honor of handling one some time ago and it felt quite heavy and sluggish to me. It was a .45 caliber.

.860 and the barrel is tapered to the muzzle.

opinion of someone that would like a reasonable answer to what a rifle weighs.

Hey you old goat! Back when you were younger, but still an old goat, i purchased a rifle listed as weighing a tad over seven pounds. It showed up weighing some over eight pounds. That false information cost me monies, because it was intolerable, and was sold at a loss. Rifle weight listed by the manufacturer was false, and was quite a disappointment to me. Could have, maybe should have, turned me into an old goat.
:)

Only reason i keep my NULA 50cal is the 7.6lbs ready to hunt. Pick up my NULA then pick up either Knight 45 and its shocking how much better the NULA feels. Mine even has a slightly heavier barrel than standard. So unless i got a comfy tree stand close, its not hard to guess which one i grab.

I'm glad there at least two others here that agree that weight is important. I believe Ron is correct, we are old goats! :) The rest of you guys go back to the gym.

Yep, granted the NULA is no fun on the bench with full power loads but a more common hunting load makes it plenty comfortable to shoot all day. By the same token i dont care so much what the Mountaineer weighs, its for recreation and if i got a very comfy spot i can glass a large field. You appreciate the extra weight when chucking 460gr hunk of lead or max loads of BH209 and a 300gr sabotless. The NULA by comparison with a 225gr@2200-2300fps is a pussy cat.

Form follows function and what i wish to endure.

I finally got a weight that I can believe - 9.1 lbs with a 3x9Leupold and some basic 1" rings. That leaves a good 8.1 lbs for just the rifle and base. How the heck can they begin to call that a mountain rifle??

I finally got a weight that I can believe - 9.1 lbs with a 3x9Leupold and some basic 1" rings. That leaves a good 8.1 lbs for just the rifle and base. How the heck can they begin to call that a mountain rifle??
I still believe that my Accura weighs 61,599.9999 grains.

Latest posts

Back