Ttaditions Buck Hunter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadball

Reaction score
Hello I saw one on one of the gun sites I frequent and it peaked my interest, now my knowledge of inline pistoles is next to nothing so I will rely on you guys for knowledge how are they for Quality and accuracy or should I move on thanks

I have one in .45. Got it and disassmbled it for cleaning and thats as far as ive got. Seems ok quality. The grip is comfortable(wood) but nothing to write home about. I love that it has a factory radial brake, although not all have one. Complete disassembly was a little different than I was used to but not terribly complicated.

I don't know if Traditions has them any more, so if you can get it for a decent price, go for it. It would be a fun plinker. Maybe even good for hunting at close range. Keep your powder charges down and try some different bullets to find what works best.

I had one for a while. I loved the look and feel of it but could never get consistent accuracy. I regret selling it because I'm convinced I didn't experiment with enough loads.

ya I think I'm going to pass I have found a TC Scout 54 cal I have always wanted one that is if I can get it for a good price

ya I think I'm going to pass I have found a TC Scout 54 cal I have always wanted one that is if I can get it for a good price
I bought one of those .54 caliber Thompson Center Scout pistols back when they first came out. I got those funky Thompson Center Quick-Detachable scope rings/base, along with a Leupold 2x pistol scope. I had several boxes of Hornady round balls, and as I recall, at least 5 boxes/20 of the .54 caliber Hornady Great Plains bullets. Then, before I ever got a chance to shoot it, some guy offered me way more money than I thought reasonable for the whole package, and like an idiot I sold it.

well I went to look at the Scout pistole it was good except the nipple was plugged with rust on the inside and there was some rust at the muzzle not bad the funny thing is its been hanging on the wall behind the counter for over a year and they still wouldn't budge on the price 329.00 so I passed and waked out with a really nice walnut stalked TC System1 50 cal

System 1 is a good gun. Now look for the other barrels. You could end up with a one-gun arsenal.

If you stick with the open sights on the barrel, you can change barrels/calibers without sighting in each time. If you go to a scope or a peep, you'll have to sight-in with each barrel change...or get real cute with your bore sighter.

barrel lug bolt stuck, now striped out, not sure what to do next any suggestions

The edge of the bolt is knurled, but thin. Try to grab it with small vice grips, but soak it good with liquid wrench before you apply any real pressure. And maybe apply some heat from a hair dryer to the part the bolt screws into, that might break the bond with the bolt.

Those EZ-out broken screw extractors they sell on Amazon come to mind, but I've never used them. That screw/bolt is probably hardened and tough to work with.

You might have to drill it out...or be content with having a nice 50.

I have a heat gun and some vise grips I'll try that and see and I have been using liquid wrench so hopefully I can get it out I want to remove the breach plug and give it a good cleaning

Latest posts

Back