turkey suggestions...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Subject says it - got my bird now what?

Thinking of piecing it out and doing a instapot coq au vin with it ...

Other suggestions welcome. Skinless so traditional roast wont happen and I cant get fresh cranberries now either

I like to do turkey nuggets once in a while, battered up and deep fried.
I also will cut breast meat into 1/2 inch or so fillets. Toss on the grill about 4 minutes per side. Topped with cheddar cheese, served on a roll with lettuce, tomato and mayo. Makes a great sammich.

boil legs ,wings and thighs , and shread meat , put back in pot and make turkey noodle soup or turkey salad

I like to marinate breast in wish bone Italian dressing with added red wine vinegar and lots if garlic, for 7 days. Then cook it over charcoal, do not over cook. You can do it with chicken breast also…

I like to marinate breast in wish bone Italian dressing with added red wine vinegar and lots if garlic, for 7 days. Then cook it over charcoal, do not over cook. You can do it with chicken breast also…
Yesssss I like using the itilian dressing marinade with turkey then either put them in the smoker with some hickory or deep fry them in peanut oil. Both are excellent. BUt with wild turkey, if the breast is cooked right, its outstanding, but getting the legs & thighs to not seem like tryin to eat your hunting boot its a pressure cooker or crock pot with them usually for soups, stews or to make a gravy with & have it over rice, pasta or mashed taters.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has said "debone the breast and separate the leg quarters, we'll instapot them, pick-n-shred 'em, and make enchilladas"

And she has a mighty fine enchillada recipe, and usually follows it with home made from scratch tres leches cake topped with fresh strawberries

Tuesday's dinner is planned!

IMG_0368.jpg

She Who Must Be Obeyed has said "debone the breast and separate the leg quarters, we'll instapot them, pick-n-shred 'em, and make enchilladas"

And she has a mighty fine enchillada recipe, and usually follows it with home made from scratch tres leches cake topped with fresh strawberries

Tuesday's dinner is planned!

View attachment 33519
Did you save the heart and gizzard? Liver? ( I don't like liver anymore)

Cube up leftover turkey, for a pot pie.

Two pie shells from freezer section
2 cups cubed turkey
1 lb. bag frozen veggies, I like corn/pea/carrot blend, or similar
1 can of cream soup (mushroom or chicken, or celery)
A little bit of diced ONION really sets it off, for me

Pour ingredients into pie shell. You can mix them in a bowl first, or just spread them out in the shell.

Put the second shell on top, crimp the edges.
Poke a few holes to release steam.
A little butter around the edge of the crust, if you like.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
Let it rest a bit before cutting, so it’s not so soupy.

Great way to use leftovers. Easy meal for after work- thaw ingredients in refer while you’re at work.

We liked it so well, we started doing it with the whole bird- boil it, cool, debone into 2-cup freezer container!

I haven’t killed many turkey, but I always cut the meat into strips and fried it. I got a smoker for Christmas, and a buddy gave me a recipe for smoking a turkey. I’ll be honest that I didn’t have high hopes of it turning out very good, but I was shocked by the results. It’s the moistest and most tender turkey breast I’ve ever had.
Smoked Turkey

Latest posts

Back