Twist Rates Conicals .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the Title says lets get members opinions /facts/testing on the slide scale into this Thread Topic. What i know of it other than reading may fill a thimble of actual solid data. I have many times in the past ran with someone else's info cause it sounded good n flunked. Yeah sit there with egg on my face n a dunce hat on my head n looking dumb !
Couple things i can say about my 2 .45's just shoots holes in the known flavor of the day. 1st my T/C Hawken 1:48 perc. seems to love prb's, but i am not a rb lover ! My Scout also a 1:48 twist n is a rock sparker loves 200 gr REAL's n H4540B sabots w/XTP 200 gr bullets. Now ain't that a kick in the head. Lets roll what cha got n get some data rolling

Smoke, I bought a Knight Wolverine from Flounder. 45 cal. 1/30 twist. I was recommended to shoot 350 grain lead conical bullets. I shot 70, 75, and 80 grains (w) of T7 into the same 3/4" group at 65 yards. Cardboard wad between powder and bullet. I was shooting standing up off of an end table with a tote then a jacket on top. Not the best rest so I figure those all shot to the same point of impact. The other holes were adjusting the scope. Is this what your looking for????

IMG_2805.JPGIMG_2807.JPG

Smoke, I bought a Knight Wolverine from Flounder. 45 cal. 1/30 twist. I was recommended to shoot 350 grain lead conical bullets. I shot 70, 75, and 80 grains (w) of T7 into the same 3/4" group at 65 yards. Cardboard wad between powder and bullet. I was shooting standing up off of an end table with a tote then a jacket on top. Not the best rest so I figure those all shot to the same point of impact. The other holes were adjusting the scope. Is this what your looking for????

View attachment 30739View attachment 30740
Yes sir thats the data n info that helps those who have ML like a good staring point n may do well in theirs also

Back