Two Boars With One Shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had that chance with archery tackle on Mule Deer, more than once. Just don’t want to end up in jail... one deer a year in Utah. Nice job!

Sure:

Rifle. .50 Encore
Powder: 120 grains of Black MZ
Cap: Winchester 209 shotgun
Bullet: 250 grain SST
Sabot: Black crush rib

I'll have to try those in my T/C Omega.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff. I'd like to go somewhere I can kill as many pigs as possible. Try a few different bullets out of my smokeless guns, 300 ultra mag, 500 S&W, and probably my 223

That oughta suffice

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?
They seem to manage in mother Russia…

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?
From what I gather these things are tougher then all getout.

My understanding is that there is a difference between the European boar and the feral hogs we have here. Few hogs here but we do have javelina. They are fun, especially with a bow, and calling them in with a predator call. They are good eating following George Herter's recipe. Hogs would probably be the same. I'm getting over Covid now, and hope to go shoot one next week. I use my toy gun. It is a TC Contender carbine in 7mm TCU. A joy to carry at 5-1/4 lbs. and a blast to shoot. With varmit bullets, it drops them in their tracks. Of course a big one is about 50 lbs.

Feral hogs are fun to hunt but I assure you they are not something you want in your area. They eat absolutely everything: all game species, snakes, turtles, turkeys and other birds if they can get to them, crops, food plots, whatever. I once set up a tripod style automatic feeder in a food plot and filled it with 200 pounds of corn hoping it would last a while. Came back the next morning on my way out and the hogs had tipped it over and eaten every single kernel of corn and rooted up my food plot in the process. If I see them I start shooting, but they are so bad down here in parts of south Alabama that hunting will never eradicate them.

Back