Two Boars With One Shot

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

sdporter

I’ve had that chance with archery tackle on Mule Deer, more than once. Just don’t want to end up in jail... one deer a year in Utah. Nice job!

mckbcat2000

Awesome stuff. I'd like to go somewhere I can kill as many pigs as possible. Try a few different bullets out of my smokeless guns, 300 ultra mag, 500 S&W, and probably my 223

That oughta suffice

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?
They seem to manage in mother Russia…

rangerod

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?
From what I gather these things are tougher then all getout.

My understanding is that there is a difference between the European boar and the feral hogs we have here. Few hogs here but we do have javelina. They are fun, especially with a bow, and calling them in with a predator call. They are good eating following George Herter's recipe. Hogs would probably be the same. I'm getting over Covid now, and hope to go shoot one next week. I use my toy gun. It is a TC Contender carbine in 7mm TCU. A joy to carry at 5-1/4 lbs. and a blast to shoot. With varmit bullets, it drops them in their tracks. Of course a big one is about 50 lbs.