Two Boars With One Shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While sitting in a blind eight boars came in to feed under pecan trees. Waited for two boars hogs to line up and fired:

rdZCrG9l.jpg

Im glad we don't have a hog problem here, but sometimes, after seeing them, I kinda wish we did.

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?

I shot plenty of hogs, but only shot the sows for tablefare. I do shoot large boars because they are the ones that tear stuff up. But, if I cannot find a taker for it, I drag the stinking thing off for the coyotes.

I shot plenty of hogs, but only shot the sows for tablefare. I do shoot large boars because they are the ones that tear stuff up. But, if I cannot find a taker for it, I drag the stinking thing off for the coyotes.
Have you ever tried to make sausage only, out of a boar?

I feel the same way, I would LOVE to hunt them without having to Travel Several States to do so, But I don’t think I would want them Feral in the Area i reside? This Country is EXPANSE, Rough n Rugged, LOTS of Snow, and Cold Winter Months, i Don’t think they would do real Good here? Then again, they might Thrive?

They do live in Siberia you know

Great job Okie!

Lew, years ago someone that lived somewhere near Kamiah up and moved, and turned his hogs loose before he left. They went feral pretty quick. Once someone finally reported this to the F&G they advertised the heck out of it...open season, get as many as you can, we don't want feral hogs in Idaho, need to get them all!
I can't remember how many there were, but inside a month every last one of them was accounted for.

Back