Underhammer Kit Ordered

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some amazing wood on this underhammer Razor.

I have always thought it a sad day when wood was replaced with plastic. Everything is plastic now.

Razor, I followed your posts as you built that beauty. I was ever so close to starting a similar build using your project as inspiration but chickened out :) Too many other irons in the fire at the time. Fine weapon for sure!

Very beatiful,did you do your own checkering. I have the same build ,but had the barrel built by Dave at the gun works,4140 ..451. 18 twist. I was inspired by 45-70 one he did. Beautiful both of these.

Beautiful furniture on that piece for sure!! I'm a wood kinda guy and haven't seen an attractive plastic stock yet!!
Nicely done sir.

I don't know smokepolehall! I have wondered what keeps the priming powder up there in the upside-down pan long enough to ignite it.

Not quite an UH Flinter.. but here are a couple of my Home Builds.. The H&A Clone has no pins through the receiver..
The Brass frame started in my Buds shop. He thought it was botch and threw it to me saying "what can do with that?"

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Attachments

• UH double set.JPG
    UH double set.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • UH Brass frame.jpg
    UH Brass frame.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Not quite an UH Flinter.. but here are a couple of my Home Builds.. The H&A Clone has no pins through the receiver..
The Brass frame started in my Buds shop. He thought it was botch and threw it to me saying "what can do with that?"

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan
All kinds of things can be made n custom touches here n there. Neat rifle

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Those are really interesting designs and great looking guns!

Metalshaper03 said:

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan
I agree, both very unique pieces, Metalshaper03. I admire your ingenuity, my hat is off to you, sir!

I got part of my kit in, yeah the part i ordered :) I have cleaned up the forearm, sanded it nicely including the ramrod channel. I also got the buttstock sanded n fit on the action into it. Rest of the buttstock is still in need of being sanded. Most likely take me all weekend n next week to get it like i want fitted with butt plate

I never got a chance, so i got several more pic's of the buttstock sanding work. Just have to get butt plate ground, get it inletted. Then its a matter of stain n sealer

Well i have 2 coats of Pecan wood oil stain on the Forend. They are dried, will put several more coats on then put sealer on it. I got the buttplate tab hack sawed off. I will file the rest of tab down & sand it smooth. I have been sanding the action here n there. Still have to get rest of butt stock inletted so the butt plate will be nice. I have not had a chance to research the Hammer bending so it will be centered on the perc. cap/nipple.

I had to re-sand Forearm, the moisture in this Bunker is real high, its burmed. It floods when it rains hard & i have to put the pump to work. So i got Forearm ready to stain, but will wait until its a warm sunny day. So i can let it dry outside.

I have marked my Butt plate to make the final cut of metal clean it up n polish it . I am kind of doing this kit as a build in progress, i can redo, add things as i go along

Back