Up coming risky surgery

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
On the 11th, I will be at UNC Chapel Hill, NC for a risky but required bladder surgery. They have to use imaging to go around my repositioned intestines to even get to my bladder, from stomach ostomy surgery 2 years ago. Then make small incision in bladder and insert a superpudic catheter that will need to be replaced every 60 days. My body is supposedly gonna build a wall around the catheter within the first 60 days, and after they change it the first time, I will be able to change it myself for the remainder of my life. My urologist explained that I will have more benefits than now, I will be graduating from a pull up diapers to regular cotton underwear again, and reduce bladder infections and chances of developing bladder cancer significantly.
To make a positive and funny note, "I'm a big boy now!"
You guys don't know how happy I'm gonna be to not have to wear those very hot non breathable diapers and have my _____ freed up!
I will be able to possibly find and keep a woman again, I hope anyways. My body still feels pain, heat, cold, etc,.even though I don't feel it, if u get my driff.
Anyways, keep me in your prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!

As someone that has urologic issues, but not anywhere near as bad; you have my sympathies, well wishes, and God's blessings for a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery.

My dad's staring at a choice between a percutaneous nephrostomy in the very near future, or facing even bigger plumbing problems, so I've had to learn more about the renal system than I ever previously would have believed necessary within the last year. I have learned just enough to appreciate how important it is for this to go well for you, and I will certainly add your needs to my prayers this evening, and next, etc. until we all hear back from you. Be sure to let us know when you're back in the net, and doing better. I pray that will be very soon!

Latest posts

Back