UPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS is a publicly owned company. If they're not shipping firearms or related material, I would guess it's due to future liability.
If UPs or any other company goes against firearm sales, transport etc. its all about the money. Some one in Corp convinced them that it is "bad for business".(IMHO

UPS is a publicly owned company. If they're not shipping firearms or related material, I would guess it's due to future liability.

Further reporting (other sources) states that the State of New York, and the feds at high levels are pushing shipping companies to not ship guns nor gun parts/accessories etc, and are threatening suit for violations. Just part of enforcing of all the new ATF "rules" and new state laws that they've implemented recently. Along with just blatanly weaponizing the power of their offices by 'reinterpreting' laws/norms to implement their plan. Its very similar to what the Nazi's did to the German Republic in the 1920's and 30's to gain and solidify power.

Factor in: UPS already lost/settled a suit from New York a few years ago and paid over 90 million dollars out in damages (and who know legal costs to get the suit down from the original 980 million plus $ <edited dollar amounts I mis-remembered after consulting other reporting). So it appears they jumped into (over) re-action at this latest warning.

Last edited:
I just purchased ammunition from Norma last week and it was delivered by Fed Ex, left on my door step!
My son purchased a .50 Traditions Hawken. Shipped "Signature required". Was left on doorstep while he was out of town. Tracking said would come on a Monday but showed up 4 days early and NO signature gathered. His work partner had his rifle returned from a gunsmith - signature required - left outside on doorstep of his apartment building!! He found it when he came home from work---both were UPS. Only FedEx for us...reliable, consistent and thus far, on time.

My son purchased a .50 Traditions Hawken. Shipped "Signature required". Was left on doorstep while he was out of town. Tracking said would come on a Monday but showed up 4 days early and NO signature gathered. His work partner had his rifle returned from a gunsmith - signature required - left outside on doorstep of his apartment building!! He found it when he came home from work---both were UPS. Only FedEx for us...reliable, consistent and thus far, on time.
For quite awhile all the shippers were ignoring the “signature required” thing because of covid. I get shipments almost daily that are supposed to require a signature and they still aren’t doing it here.

For quite awhile all the shippers were ignoring the “signature required” thing because of covid. I get shipments almost daily that are supposed to require a signature and they still aren’t doing it here.
same her, they "sneak up" on the front steps, drop the package and take off as fast as they can, they do not ring the doorbell or anything!

I hated it when i had outgoing customer packages and the UPS guy did the drop and run... and left the outgoing... typically had to drive 20miles to the closest drop point :(

That said, my labrador is typically so happy to see him, she's jumping in the truck as he's driving up our drive... might be a bit destracted.

As for who is behind the federal pressure... I think you can find a threatening letter was signed by 5-6 democrat senators and sent to a bunch of shipping companies (like trucking companies + FedEx + UPS etc), and the rail roads. I understand the ATF has done similiar.

Thus, Saia freight has now set a rule: 'no complete guns, but parts other than frames/receivers are OK' (I'm generalizing a very wordy policy)... its only going to get worse so long as we the people allow these politicians & bureaucratic regulators to abuse their power, make threats etc.

Here's a link to one of the letters: https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...mpanies-security-on-gun-shipments-letters.pdf

As for who is behind the federal pressure... I think you can find a threatening letter was signed by 5-6 democrat senators and sent to a bunch of shipping companies (like trucking companies + FedEx + UPS etc), and the rail roads. I understand the ATF has done similiar.

Thus, Saia freight has now set a rule: 'no complete guns, but parts other than frames/receivers are OK' (I'm generalizing a very wordy policy)... its only going to get worse so long as we the people allow these politicians & bureaucratic regulators to abuse their power, make threats etc.

Here's a link to one of the letters: https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...mpanies-security-on-gun-shipments-letters.pdf
After working in the "freight" business for35 years with a common carrier, I understand the questions that were being asked in these letters. Although most here on MM see this as "pressure" on these carriers, the concerns of these Senators are very real. My guess is that if these letters are answered, guidelines will be formed for more secure shipment methods for firearms and related items with common carriers.

As a whole, security with common carriers is poor. My company routinely and high-end freight stolen. From TV's to candy to tires to small arms ammo, from single cartons to pallets to whole trailers. I used to know the numbers off the top of my head on what theft cost my company annually, but it was a lot. We had some items, like electronics, that we refused to haul anymore due to constant theft. We did haul firearms on occasion and yes, we did keep a little closer eye on those shipment, but for the most part those shipments were out there with the rest of the freight. Sadly, most of the theft came from "inside" sources. Even though the company thoroughly vetted potential employees, a few bad apples slipped through. Their biggest problem was hiring outside security companies. Minimum wage guards guarding millions of dollars' worth of freight. Well, you get the picture there.

The bottom line here IMO, is that the common carriers see new regs coming down the line to increase the security on shipments of firearms and related material, common carriers HATE "special" freight, add to that the possibility of liability issues, and with the small profit margins on these shipments, it's not going to pay to haul this freight. I know with my company, if they weren't making money on the freight, they wouldn't haul it. In the future you will see "dedicated" carriers for firearms that will have to meet certain requirements from ATF to transport firearms. Cost will go up, but it will take some guns out of the wrong hands.

After working in the "freight" business for35 years with a common carrier, I understand the questions that were being asked in these letters. Although most here on MM see this as "pressure" on these carriers, the concerns of these Senators are very real. My guess is that if these letters are answered, guidelines will be formed for more secure shipment methods for firearms and related items with common carriers.

As a whole, security with common carriers is poor. My company routinely and high-end freight stolen. From TV's to candy to tires to small arms ammo, from single cartons to pallets to whole trailers. I used to know the numbers off the top of my head on what theft cost my company annually, but it was a lot. We had some items, like electronics, that we refused to haul anymore due to constant theft. We did haul firearms on occasion and yes, we did keep a little closer eye on those shipment, but for the most part those shipments were out there with the rest of the freight. Sadly, most of the theft came from "inside" sources. Even though the company thoroughly vetted potential employees, a few bad apples slipped through. Their biggest problem was hiring outside security companies. Minimum wage guards guarding millions of dollars' worth of freight. Well, you get the picture there.

The bottom line here IMO, is that the common carriers see new regs coming down the line to increase the security on shipments of firearms and related material, common carriers HATE "special" freight, add to that the possibility of liability issues, and with the small profit margins on these shipments, it's not going to pay to haul this freight. I know with my company, if they weren't making money on the freight, they wouldn't haul it. In the future you will see "dedicated" carriers for firearms that will have to meet certain requirements from ATF to transport firearms. Cost will go up, but it will take some guns out of the wrong hands.

This is a great post and addresses more of the facts than the usual speculation.

I made and sold custom fishing tackle for years out of our house. I made everything in the garage with no external advertising whatever. I had a website, like many of these companies have along with an interactive message board similar to this one at MM. I treated every order with respect to the customer and generally had orders in the mail the following day. I never once had an issue. I paid all the required taxes on time and considered myself successful. And I would have been PISSED in a big way if I found posting like this. Not every DECENT business is a huge entity. You can't tell a book by it's cover. And some of what's being posted here might fall under the label of slander, so posters maybe want to take note.

Trouble is that democrats made policy decisions during covid shutdowns that only allowed union drivers to off load and move cargo
.. Cago backed up. Then was looted. That is where many of the stolen in transit arms came from...

Also the precident is that the person shipping the item is responsible for following the law (and not shipping illegally). Not the carrier.

This is an article from January about the looting of trains repeatedly in California... note that it confirms the looting has been going on for over a year... that's january 2021 or earlier that the looting started... Sifting Through the Train Thefts of Los Angeles

Another complaining about guns being looted from trains... also mentioning debris building to the point of derailing a train... (also from January 2022)

https://www.cbs17.com/news/national...-looted-by-thieves-from-trains-in-california/
Brownell's posted and withdrew the post saying they were contacted by UPS and would stop using them...

Something is going on, and its not just a coincidence. The anti gun groups are scraping at every thing they can grasp and pulling out every dirty little trick. I believe those with power and anti gun agendas are changing the rules to get the outcome they want. Besides the shipping letters I linked: They are doing it through declaring new rules at the ATF. The ATF has also issued cease and desist orders shutting down businesses that sell gun parts, and when the business gets a lawyer and spends big money to go to court & court case isn't going well for the ATF's adhoc declarations... they issue a retraction letter that says to ignore their first letter (so that there isn't a rulling stopping them from doing what they want). Do your own searches. Its not hard to find independent news sources are reporting similar stuff that I"m posting about this. Armed Scholar is an excellent YouTube channel to subscribe to if you care about 2A rights, and want the truth on gov't over reach being challenged in the courts.

discussing the ATF shutting down a parts seller:

Then discusses ATF pulling the cease and disist order when challenged and would would loose and set a precident:

There is some Ayn Rand stuff happening around us. WAKE UP IF YOU LIKE YOUR 2A rights!

Tom

Last edited:
Disarm America and you have a similar version of Ukraine and Russia. Only it will be China and the USA . When us old guys are feeble the young cannot protect themselves. I guess they will let the left do for them. Lazy, stupid and ignorant are what i see all around us. I am very glad i am 63 years young. I do not like what our country is doing or heading for. China is smiling and waiting patiently...sad,sad..

Reactions: D55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back