USPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right. Flat rate PRIORITY packages were supposed to be 2 to 3 days. Now seems like they treat it worse than First class. I shipped a package on 12/29 and it still is "In Transit"! :wall:

And what rally gets me is that most places are the states next door for most of the time.Good thing that hunting season is over and most things aren't for critical use,but we should not have to wait 2 1/2 times longer than the normal shipping time.

"Priority" packages are taking as long as or longer than, what parcel post used to take.

Probably the nicest thing I can say is if the USPS lost it's congressional monopoly & protections and had to operate as a legitimate business, they wouldn't be in business for long...

If you really want your blood to boil, look up some horror stories about the "mail recovery facility". That's the place people's property goes, after it gets mishandled by the non accountable USPS employees. Once there it gets auctioned off. The USPS gets to keep any money they make for legally stealing people's property.

What is up with all the extended deliveries?What use to take 3-4 days through the postal system is now taking 12-14 days.How can the covid-19 be at fault this time?
Its gotten rediculous have a barrel coming from Ohio to seattle area 10 days so far and only made itnto eastern montana thats fed ex usps dont even get me started lol its rediculous!!

Its gotten rediculous have a barrel coming from Ohio to seattle area 10 days so far and only made itnto eastern montana thats fed ex usps dont even get me started lol its rediculous!!
I sent a barrel to Bob Hoyt with the usps money order enclosed in an envelope along with my order for the relining job. Somehow usps got the envelope out of the barrel box, sent the barrel on to Bobby and then lost the envelope for a month Waiting patiently, one day I get a phone call from a Pennsylvania Postmistress wantin me to ident the content of the envelope and then give her Bobby’s address. Weird. It all worked out but sure could have gone sideways.

I sent a barrel to Bob Hoyt with the usps money order enclosed in an envelope along with my order for the relining job. Somehow usps got the envelope out of the barrel box, sent the barrel on to Bobby and then lost the envelope for a month Waiting patiently, one day I get a phone call from a Pennsylvania Postmistress wantin me to ident the content of the envelope and then give her Bobby’s address. Weird. It all worked out but sure could have gone sideways.
WOW unbelievable! Glad it worked out for ya !

I had a white MZ shipped from Kalamazoo MI to my house 200 miles/3.5 hours away. Priority mail 3 day B.S.! It made it to Grand Rapids the next day at 1:00am. It has not moved since that was 12-29. No location updates just "in transit arriving late", I could have walked it here by now.

I'm truly surprised that you guys weren't paying attention lol. Rangerod got it right. A concerted effort was made to slow the USPS in anticipation of November 3, 2020. This site is really not the place to discuss politics, but I think it's not too hard to put two and two together.

I bought some bar stock for my mill from the midwest. It got as far as Pa. and then went to Quatamala and back. Took 2 months!

I ship stuff via usps for work and up until recently they have been excellent. A couple weeks ago they had 20K employees out because of covid, at a time that package volume is up 20% over a year ago. Trucks weren’t being unloaded because they had no room to put them in sorting facilities, trucks were being diverted to other facilities but they didn’t have room either. Add that to the cost cutting that apparently has been put in place and you have a system in shambles.

I ship stuff via usps for work and up until recently they have been excellent. A couple weeks ago they had 20K employees out because of covid, at a time that package volume is up 20% over a year ago. Trucks weren’t being unloaded because they had no room to put them in sorting facilities, trucks were being diverted to other facilities but they didn’t have room either. Add that to the cost cutting that apparently has been put in place and you have a system in shambles.

:lewis: This is the same thing our Post Master described to me

What? You mean it wasn’t some kind of conspiracy? Nuts... ;)

Latest posts

Back