USPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USPS can not raise rates without congressional approval. USPS brass can operational changes but most things involving budget have to be approved by congress.

My last four shipments have arrived very quickly. One day from Indiana, two days from Louisiana. USPS is trying to get caught up.
Yup. Thats why I say he is Looking to do it. Saw a Pic of him on the news supposedly testifying a night or 2 ago about their service, I did not listen to it they just said he was also wanting to get a increase in Rates.

USPS cost me a penalty back in August and Sept last year by not delivering my a couple of my payments. Almost cost me my car insurance on one. Neither Check has ever has shown up anywhere either. I now do mine online and drop off the local ones. Could not afford to let that happen again.

Had a barrel shipped to me Mon. received this am. I think some areas must be worse than others.

Purchased an item in Ga. Held up 7 days in Atlanta, then on to Portland, Denver, Cheyenne then I finally got it yesterday here in S/Central Wy 14 days !!! Thank God it was well pkg'd...Mossie

Buckle up, boys. Things are NOT going to get any better anytime soon.

I'm in a mixed marriage, red and blue. I often wonder if that old folks and their meds being delayed was a pre election rallying cry. I haven't seen many unbiased news reports documenting it. And now we'll never know.

In October I ordered some un-painted crankbait bodies. They arrived today from the Chicago area. I order some other crank bait bodies in Janmuary and they were here in three weeks from CHINA.

I think my wife is finally getting over her case of TDS...things are settling down. As long as I don't point out hypocrisy, or things crowed about, but actually started under a previous admin. And gun control??? Don't get me started on that.
Anyway, back to the post office.

The USPO bleeds money like a stuck hog, and has for years. If it were not a gov't-protected entity it would be long gone, having bankrupted itself. Where I live the local is begging for workers, and can't get any.

Yep, the Us congress critters steadfastly refuse to reform the post office. They made delivery worse by ordering the post office to deliver those junk advertisements.

The problem with last years slow down of mail delivery is the present postmaster general, one De Joy. De Joy shut down mail sorting operations.

Louis DeJoy: Revitalizing Postal Service may slow mail - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Actually, those ads are money makers, along with first class mail, and the last mile deliveries they do for UPS, FEDEX, and others. The biggest reason the USPS loses money is that they are forced to pay for pension and medical benefits for their employees that are yet to be born. It's a stupid law that needs to be fixed. I could explain further but it would get into the politics of the law. One thing I can tell you is that Mr. DeJoy is not the man for this job from a business point of view. His background is from truckload logistics which couldn't be further away from a city P and D and hub and spoke linehaul system. What he knows doesn't apply to the USPS.

Last edited:
What is up with all the extended deliveries?What use to take 3-4 days through the postal system is now taking 12-14 days.How can the covid-19 be at fault this time?
My check was mailed to Pennsylvania from Washington state on 3/8, it is now 3/24. Really not there yet?? Not a package, just a one stamp letter. Comments.....

It must be a regional problem. I bought a barrel online Sat, seller shipped on Mon in Georgia and I got it on Wed in NC

Back