USPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a package yesterday. 31 days from PA. to Maryland. I have another that was shipped Dec.21 from Chicago that has yet to be delivered.
To call this Snail Mail is being derogatory to snails.

Your right. Flat rate PRIORITY packages were supposed to be 2 to 3 days. Now seems like they treat it worse than First class. I shipped a package on 12/29 and it still is "In Transit"! :wall:
I was just saying the same damn thing yet they still charge you for 2-3 days delivery scandalous if u ask me

I shipped a flat rate box via USPS that should have been delivered on the 20th. Here it is the 27th and it’s still in route. God knows when it’s going to be delivered.

What I have found lately is that the tracking from USPS will show this:

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

And then nothing, until the item is either delivered or is at the local post office to be delivered that day. No updates, no tracking, nothing from the initial contact with them until it's at or close to be delivered.

Just got a package yesterday that was to be 3-5 day delivery. It was shipped
from western Iowa on the 14th.....13 days for delivery. Tracking showed it first
went to Des Moines (about the half way point to here in NE Iowa), then took
a detour to Mobile, Alabama, back to Des Moines, to my usps office and
then finally to here.

The post office used to be my favorite delivery service but since just before Christmas, took a steep dive!

Employee at our local PO said all sorting facilities reduced staff due to covid and it is still that way, same with IRS and other Gov. services depts. I wouldn't look for USPS to improve any time soon as I think they are working around the # of people they have. I'm not defending them just what I was told.

Too bad for all! I had the same problems with delivery except when I buy from Amazon and get items thru Prime. That's great delivery and service.

Too bad for all! I had the same problems with delivery except when I buy from Amazon and get items thru Prime. That's great delivery and service.

Any Amazon tracking # that starts with "TBA" is delivered by a Prime courier. I get them all the time. Sometimes they ship through UPS or USPS even if you are a Prime member. The cool thing about TBA is you can watch it in real time when they get close to you when "out for delivery" is listed. Then when its delivered they post a pic of it setting at your door. You can Google your UPS and USPS tracking numbers but not the TBA #s.

You have to log into your Amazon account to get the TBA tracking info. You can track Amazon deliveries by order # too at Amazon Logistics.
https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/amazon-logistics

Last edited:
I ordered parts for a Stratocaster I have, a couple came from Ohio and one from Alabama. Ordered February 28th and received March 1st...3 days. Both were USPS 1st Class.

The Man in charge of the PO is also looking to increase rates again too. :mad:
Its very strange that some packages arrive quick and others take a tour of the US before they got to you.:rolleyes:

The Man in charge of the PO is also looking to increase rates again too. :mad:
Its very strange that some packages arrive quick and others take a tour of the US before they got to you.:rolleyes:

USPS can not raise rates without congressional approval. USPS brass can operational changes but most things involving budget have to be approved by congress.

My last four shipments have arrived very quickly. One day from Indiana, two days from Louisiana. USPS is trying to get caught up.

It's not the covid that's the problem it's the postmaster general that was put in there last year ,that gutted the sorting machines out, cut hrs, ect.
The saddest thing is a lot of older people get their medicine in the mail late. They also have to pay late fees when payments aren't received on time. Late fees that they can't afford.

Back