VA SB 886

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We finally had our day in court this week. The local Sheriff's Office failed to serve the summons for five months. Big surprise. Anyway, the judge found sufficient evidence to convict the guy and deferred disposition for one year with a good behavior condition. In other words, the judge found sufficient evidence to find him guilty, but did not sentence him; the judge will only impose the sentence if he does not behave within the next year. Unfortunately, I cannot post the video yet, as the next step is the civil case; this was simply the criminal hearing.

Oh, and before I forget, this guy had five game law convictions since 2011, to include illegal possession of a game animal...I'll let you all call that violation what you will in plain language. For those of you that care, the criminal court's decision that established the sufficient evidence standard will essentially eliminate any question of that issue in civil court, which is the crux of the case. The maximum fine for the criminal infraction was $500, but the civil suit has no established monetary ceiling for which the plaintiff can sue the defendant.

I will follow back up here when that case is settled.

After that, I am planning on making DVD copies of the video and sending them to every lawmaker in this Commonwealth, not to mention the media outlets. I very much appreciate his generous gift of the 23 minute tirade that he so graciously gifted me. It's just a matter of time given these guys' behavior.

Last edited:
I deleted some posts where arguing about dogs, bear and deer were being posted and getting personal. Let's please be civil and not personal. Thanks

Back