Very Modern defensive BP pistols in Europe-MUST SEE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffhunter

Reaction score
I just happened across some tactical BP arms and a really cool .50 derringer being made and or distributed by Detonics. Im guessing Czech by the letters on the site. Since most/all cant have cartridge handguns in a couple countries over there but BP is allowed i guess. go to detonics website, you need a translator....
Here is a 2 shot double action .45, .50 and 410 derringer. Uses no 11 caps and they were using conical and sabots as well. There is a youtube video if scroll down on the site. Talk about thinking outside the box with what you are allowed to have.
1610735243477.png

Last edited:
Interesting! I had just posted on YT asking why there were no modern BP guns and lo and behold. I cant think of a reason we couldnt have these. Of course the second one is a black assault weapon used only by evil domestic terrorist rallygoers and would be banned and confiscated right at the shipping port!

Last edited:
I did some reading on Czechoslovakia the other night. Hitler and later the Communist Soviets really reinforced the liberal Czechoslovakian views on firearms ownership. They have perhaps the highest rate of firearms ownership in Europe and concealed carry permits are fairly easily aquired. Since muzzleloaders are not considered to be firearms they are not covered under concealed carry regulations. Also, Czechs have the rather unique view in the modern world that people who are otherwise prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms are still entitled to the means of self defense. This type of weapon is an answer to a question that’s never been asked in America.

Interesting! I had just posted on YT asking why there were no modern BP guns and lo and behold. I cant think of a reason we couldnt have these. Of course the second one is a black assault weapon used only by evil domestic terrorist rallygoers and would be banned and confiscated right at the shipping port!
I suspect the new administration will be closely examining ALL firearms importation, even those not considered firearms by law.

Those are not importable to the US as they will not pass the sporting features test.

They would also be classified as a short barreled rifle, subject to the 1934 NFA.

For blackpowder weapons to be considered as antiques, they have to be replicas of pre 1899 weapons, using non fixed ammunition.

Those are not importable to the US as they will not pass the sporting features test.

They would also be classified as a short barreled rifle, subject to the 1934 NFA.

For blackpowder weapons to be considered as antiques, they have to be replicas of pre 1899 weapons, using non fixed ammunition.
Or use the same ignition system... otherwise modern inlines would be sold as firearms same as an AR-15. Indeed, some are according to the whims of the government.

Latest posts

Back