Volume

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One thing that may affect results is if the powder volume is consistent, the bullet will always start from the same place in the barrel, will it not?

I
One thing that may affect results is if the powder volume is consistent, the bullet will always start from the same place in the barrel, will it not?
It would if you could like in cartridge loading a consistent compaction like I achieve in my single stage RCBS press with a wad for compressing . That"s in my C Sharps 45/70 , how you get that accuracy in a muzzle loader I haven't figured that out yet but I"m trying./Ed

I have used one for so long i would almost be lost without it at the range. The quality is the absolute best ive seen. Push the load down till it stops using light pressure. Set the lock collar slightly above that and lock it. (maybe 1/4"-1/3"gap) Then firmly push it back down until the collar contacts the crown protector. Now its set for the same volume and the same compression assuming the load is exactly the same.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019433024?pid=536424

Last edited:
YES....these are great rods! I have the Knight version.

I was on Lehigh site a few weeks ago and noticed they didn't offer the range rod anymore. I was puzzled. ??

Glad to see they are available somewhere. I wonder why they aren't offering them direct anymore.

I have used one for so long i would almost be lost without it at the range. The quality is the absolute best ive seen. Push the load down till it stops using light pressure. Set the lock collar slightly above that and lock it. (maybe 1/4"-1/3"gap) Then firmly push it back down until the collar contacts the crown protector. Now its set for the same volume and the same compression assuming the load is exactly the same.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019433024?pid=536424
Ok now I understand why the price tag & that they are worth it. Good to know. TY

Latest posts

Back