VV N120 is available at Scheels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Kilogram Jugs of VV N120 are available for online purchase & in store pick up at Scheels.
I just had a bro pick me up a 2lb bottle of that powder 84.00 from his local Sheels since there are none anywhere near me & finding N120 anywhere else online is quite the daunting task. It does suck a bit that they do not ship it.

Glad you got someone to pick it up for you👍(one hour drive for me). I’ve been looking for VV N120 for quite a while & had just recently opened my last jug. I prefer it over H4198.
Bestill now recommends it in his Custom .45 Omegas.

N110 is great for light weight bullets. I have never shot N120 but have shot a bunch of H&IMR 4198, H being my preferred, also alot of 4227 it is also great with bullets up to 275gr. and has become my go to break action sml powder. I am working on a load and am very close with my bench gun also. Never could get very small(under 1" groups with 250gr bullets and 4198 and would expect the same from N120 as those powders perform better with heavier bullet offerings.

I have not looked into using N120 before but I stopped at our Scheels today and grabbed a jug to experiment with this summer.

They used to have good info with in stock powders at Scheels. I bought some when I went to the Mayo Clinic with my sister, Rochester, MN. It was a different powder, I think 1680, decent price. I saw a few primers & powders at Fleet Farm yesterday, priced for the current market.

Great powder when used correctly. Peaks higher and faster than 4198 so use some caution. At least 10% less than your 4198 load to start if shooting sabotless. Shooting sabots you can easily break 2700fps with less that 60gr. Right around 58gr and a 200gr in a sabot but it will depend on temps. 60gr and a 200gr in a sabot is right around 34kpsi and breaks 2800fps.
rAN07wo.png

I can see I need to swing by Grafs & pickup a pound of this. I shoot the Barnes 195 HLBS - whats a starting to load to work up towards 60 with? Thanks for this info!

If I am understanding this powder correct you need to reduce the load 10% from H4198. So if a max load of H4198 for my build is 65 grains it would be 58.5 with N120?

I am just happy to find something in stock at a reasonable cost. I have a new build I am setting up so will see where i go. Grafs has a great price on it also!

If I am understanding this powder correct you need to reduce the load 10% from H4198. So if a max load of H4198 for my build is 65 grains it would be 58.5 with N120?
Correct. You will get about the same speed but maybe slightly more peak.

Back