Wad types

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twlkr

Reaction score
The vegetable fiber wads people are using is it the gasket type?

I am going to get some Sagebrush wool wads and compare the difference.

I use these, work very well for me
d5uE4gq.jpg

Last edited:
BuckDoeHunter that is exactly what I used last year with a sml first time out.

I am going to get some Sagebrush wool wads and compare the difference.

I just recently bought a Bag of 1,000 1/8” Wool Felt .45s from Sagebrush, Instead of a Dense White 1/8” Thick Wool felt Wad that i am use to, And What Shows on the Sagebrush Website, What i got was an odd Black Color Wad? They don’t appear to be the Quality of the OXYOKE Brand that i have been Shooting Forever? These from Sagebrush appear to be from Recycled Wool?

This is what I purchased from their website
https://www.sageoutfitters.com/catalog/item/7230243/7463772.htm
And this is what i got.
ejVsune.jpg

2aQsvfz.jpg

Black Sagebrush Wads in the Back, Compared to White OXYOKE Brand in Front. Lot of difference in them. Both are 1/8” .45s
TpRXtXX.jpg

Last edited:
My order from Sagebrush took about 1 month to get. I haven’t shot any of them yet, I am not Crazy about them, when compared to OXYOKE Brand, But if they Shoot Good with my Proven stuff, that’s all that Matters. But from here on i will be Sticking to OXYOKE Brand

Last edited:
My order from Sagebrush took FOREVER, They didn’t have the Courtesy to Contact me and tell me they were out of Stock, After 2 Weeks of Nothin? I Contacted them and asked what the Heck was up? I got a Run around, something about the Guy (Harlan) being in the a Hospital, and they were out of Stock on Wool Wads. In the end, i got my PATHETIC Quality Bag of Wool Wads about 1 month after i ordered them.

Needless to say, I will NEVER order from them again, nor will i advise them to anyone.
the fellow that owned it did pass away recently

From what i remember the Sagebrush veggies are slightly larger than the Walters too even though they are both listed as .462.

Eastern Maine Shooting Supplies sells both regular 100% white wool wads (dry & lubed); and their Gray Smoke 100% recycled wool wads (dry & lubed).

Both are 1/8" thick, AIRC.

The Gray Smoke recycled wool wads do not have the white bits of scrap floating in the wool. They also look far more compressed, although not as compressed as the new wool wads.

Idaholewis I ordered the white and received the black. Mine shipped quickly.

Anyone use the black with good results?

Back