Waiting is the hardest part

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris W.

Reaction score
Anyone else got a rifle on order from Knight? I've heard they're backed up on processing orders but, man, this waiting is getting long in the tooth. These nice, Springs days are just screaming for me to hit the range.....but yet, I'm still waiting. 🙄🙄🙄 sigh

Knight told me at least 5-6 weeks. That's when I bought a CVA from Muzzle-Loaders and got the gun in 3 days.

Knight told me at least 5-6 weeks. That's when I bought a CVA from Muzzle-Loaders and got the gun in 3 days.
Yeah, I'm at the 6 week mark as of yesterday waiting on an Ultra-lite. I knew it would take a bit when I ordered it. I'm just whining 😆😆. The weather is getting nice and the shooting range has been calling my name.

I didn't settle for 2nd choice. I would have picked the PR even if it took 6 weeks to deliver. I simple stated how long it did take which is a bonus.

I don’t understand 6 weeks, if the gun is in stock,and i assume it is

I don’t understand 6 weeks, if the gun is in stock,and i assume it is
It was listed as in stock when I placed the order on Feb 20. Order details stated 3-4 weeks to ship but I heard rumors that they were backed up processing orders even before I placed mine. I'm not concerned or worried about it....just anxious. I've got a rail, rings and a new Burris scope just waiting on my bench for when it finally arrives. 😉

Well,it is definitely worth the wait.good luck,hopefully you get it soon

I have placed 2 orders with knight recently. Wolverine for grandson shipped in 4 weeks. My disc extreme is in the sixth week. Spoke with Justin Perry. Wait was for parts from supplier. Knight has few complete rifles in stock. Rifle is assigned to a person who pulls all parts and assembles rifle. The wait to get a gun hand assembled rather than pumped out on a assembly line works for me. The quality is worth the wait.

Just be thankful you wont be buying and returning or selling several rifles and powders within a short period of time because you didnt want to wait for Knight to ship your rifle. Back when i got my 45 1-20 barrel it still took a couple weeks if i recall correctly. That was before all the madness. I wanted this but bought that aint happening this time. I got exactly what i wanted and i have no plans on selling it anytime soon.

The Knight lead time is nothing compared to what builders are going through atm. Some of these guys are so far behind they are not taking more orders. Last i heard Hankins has a year or more worth of work. I can only imagine how long it takes to get a NULA now. Way back when it was about 8 months to a year. Just getting a barrel cut atm can take many months.

Just be thankful you wont be buying and returning or selling several rifles and powders within a short period of time because you didnt want to wait for Knight to ship your rifle. Back when i got my 45 1-20 barrel it still took a couple weeks if i recall correctly. That was before all the madness. I wanted this but bought that aint happening this time. I got exactly what i wanted and i have no plans on selling it anytime soon.

The Knight lead time is nothing compared to what builders are going through atm. Some of these guys are so far behind they are not taking more orders. Last i heard Hankins has a year or more worth of work. I can only imagine how long it takes to get a NULA now. Way back when it was about 8 months to a year. Just getting a barrel cut atm can take many months.
I can only imagine some custom rifle wait times at the moment. I'm not really worried the wait. There's plenty of time to get it set up before hunting season rolls around again. I would like to get in some range days with it while the temps are still decently mild though. Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer.

Well....10 weeks out and my order is still "processing" so I reached out for an update. Turns out there is a supply issue with the black kevlar stocks that they use with the Ultra-lite. They've been on backorder for a while now. They've offered to substitute a different color stock in order to move my order along and gave the selections of green, tan, grey and dark brown. I've seen the Ultra-lite with the green and tan stocks but haven't laid eyes on any that were setup with the grey or dark brown. Anyone one have any pics of an ultra-lite with a grey or dark brown stock?

Its not just them, i have trouble getting parts at work, seems the whole world is on back order, I think dark brown is different.did they have any idea when black would be in

I was told a recliner i wanted would take 12-13 weeks to get. Made in USA and they make them to order. Well, i aint waiting so i found a Lane recliner in stock that will take a few days to arrive instead. Its actually a better made product anyway. So the delay actually saved me a few bucks and 1 got a better brand.

Dark Brown is a good choice imo.
At my shop we ordered a canvas set for a pop-up camper, the wait for it is 22-24 weeks due to an overwhelming amount of orders. Ordered an air conditioner in July of last year and just received it in April.

Back