wanna be a newbie

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_miester

Reaction score
From Southern Illinois Been on board for over a year but never posted anything. Would like to purchase a muzzleloader for next years hunting. Don't own any rifles so I might look at a pro hunter or the new KB1. Hunting buddies use CVA BuckHorn Magnum and Eclipse. They shoot Powerbelts accurately. I was looking for something easy to clean and shoots well. One other question are the Nikon Pro Staff scopes pretty good? What about Bushnell Elite 3200 regular or with firefly? Thanks again Jason

If you don't like cleaning then you should look at the savage and going smokeless. don't know what you laws in illinios are and whether smokeless is allowed but if it is, it's the way to go.

j_miester said:
From Southern Illinois Been on board for over a year but never posted anything. Would like to purchase a muzzleloader for next years hunting. Don't own any rifles so I might look at a pro hunter or the new KB1. Hunting buddies use CVA BuckHorn Magnum and Eclipse. They shoot Powerbelts accurately. I was looking for something easy to clean and shoots well. One other question are the Nikon Pro Staff scopes pretty good? What about Bushnell Elite 3200 regular or with firefly? Thanks again Jason

First off welcome to the forum.

The Pro Hunter, Triumph, is supposes to be a very excellent shooter and easy to clean. I do not own one. From all I read, the Triumph has excellent accuracy as do the Pro Hunter. They are good choices. I do not know enough about the KB1.

The Nikon Pro Staff is a great scope. While it is not a big dollar scope, the clarity, and light gathering ability is most impressive. It is the scope I put on my muzzleloaders. They are cost effect and have a life time guarantee. The Bushnell Elite is another great scope. You can not argue the reviews it gets from people that own them.

Latest posts

Back