wazzzz up all

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwgunner

Reaction score
hay all been into the muzzleloaders for 22 years . My first was a 45 cal. kentuky long . and she will spit sabots as good as round balls!!!! bought it in a kit took a week to get it lookin o.k. well i have moved on to a cva staghorn 50 cal. for a cheap $100 gun i can not complain. at a hundered yards it will shoot 2" groups .Not as good as the old kentuky. i could hit a quarter every time with old iron sights . Well, i have been playin around with T7 , jim shockny , pyro, and i have found that my cva will shoot 150 Gr. pyro. pellet and a 200 gr. shock wave with 1" groups or better but that is not a fun load to shoot all the time . you would think with that light of a bullet .The recoil would not be that bad . Wrong it will put a hurtin on you good anough that you will feel it a week later. so i started shootin 90Gr. T7 ff and a 250 Gr shock wave .i can live with 2" groups i get with the load . I am sure i will not have to shoot over 100 Yards at my next deer.
Well there you have it thats what i've been up to.
I would like to know if you guys think that the 200 Gr. shock wave is a good bullet for deer. I prefer a hevyer bullet but if you all think the 200 is o.k. i might uses it for deer this year :roll:

Back