Weather stations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Anyone have their own home weather station?

We, yes we, decided that it was time to upgrade our home weather station. We've had the same Acurite weather station for 16yrs and it was time for an upgrade.
Even after 16yrs, the old station still keeps plugging away. Once a year I replace batteries and clean the outdoor unit up. When the rain gauge stops working, you can guarantee that somehow a spider got in there and is causing the issue. Yearly cleaning will fix that. :)

Although... we .... decided, when "we" decide it is never really all I'd like but, everyone needs keeping in check. So this time the decision was made to stick with Acurite and go with the Acurite Atlas model and HD display. The rest of the goodies really are not necessary. If this one lasts as long, Acurite will have been good to us.

AcuRite Atlas: 7-in-1 Professional Home Weather Stations

I have an Acurite station with wind speed and direction along with rain, temp. and humidity. I also keep an official rain gauge for the National Weather Service, my Dad reported for them for over 30 years, I took over from him and now I've been keeping the station for almost 25 years. The Weather Service gauge sits on one side of my driveway, the Acurite monitor sits on the other side of the drive. After calibrating the Acutire gauge it is usually within a few hundredths of an inch of the big Weather Service gauge. The harder the rain, the more difference I'll see between the two, but it's just as likely to be plus a few hundredths as it is short a little. There is not enough difference to really matter for an unofficial gauge for personal use.

Latest posts

Back