Weaver or Burris rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Looking at a slight ring upgrade for the Vortex scope. The Warnes rings i would like are no longer made and the few places that have them still are $100+.

Weaver tactical 6 screw picatinny for 1" tubes are not offered in lows. I could maybe live with that considering a set is under $40 and the look really solid. Really would like an affordable picatinny ring. It fits the base better.

Burris has the Xtreme Tacticals in low for 1" tubes. It fits picatinny and Weaver bases though. They are about $20 more.

SWFA SS has a picatinny only set also but they use a insert for 1" in a 30mm mount. Not sure that sounds like a good idea.

I like the Warnes i got but i wish they were wider and the bottom 2 screws snug down the scope and the base. This can be a little irritating sometimes.

They offer a MAXIMA Horizontal now. The bottom screws only secure the base. All the screws that secure the scope are on top. They are about the same price as the Burris XTRs but not true picatinny. They quit making the Tactical 6 screws in 1". :(

I do like the looks of these and it would solve part of my gripe at least.
https://warnescopemounts.com/product/maxima-horizontal-1-inch-low-matte-rings/
DSC02444-EDIT_no-background_web.jpg

These are expensive and no longer offered in 1" or low. Might as well buy TPS or Seekens for what they cost.
https://warnescopemounts.com/product-category/rings/tactical/
22% wider ring body provides extra grip around the scope tube.
WSM614M.JPG

I have a Set of Burris Signature Rings on my Rem 700 .300 Win Mag, They have the inserts, they are ”Twist in” Dovetail like Leupold, The Front anyway. I think these inserts are ingenious, AWESOME!! And you talk about holding up to some VIOLENT Recoil, this Plastic Stocked .300 Win Mag KICKS Like a MULE! These Signature Rings with inserts Really GRIP n Hold the Scope, Yet NO WORRIES of Over Torquing and Damaging the Tube, internals. I have BEAT the Daylights out of mine on this .300 Magnum and it Holds Zero like a ROCK :lewis:

Like these, except mine are the “Twist in” Dovetail like Leupold. But these have the Same inserts I am talking about. I am not Super Crazy about the 1 Screw on these That lock the Cross lock, But being Burris, I’m sure they are fine
https://www.swfa.com/burris-signature-zee-1-rings-11.html

I have considered the XTR Signature rings but again... for that much dough i can get TPS rings. Both are a little over $80 but the XTR sigs come with several inserts too. I heard Burris is having some of this stuff made in China now too. Kinda rubs me the wrong way to pay over $80 for rings made in China.
420231.jpg

I have considered the XTR Signature rings but again... for that much dough i can get TPS rings. Both are a little over $80 but the XTR sigs come with several inserts too. I heard Burris is having some of this stuff made in China now too. Kinda rubs me the wrong way to pay over $80 for rings made in China.

I agree, ANYTHING China is hard to Stomach if a guy can buy American. I’m not sure where my Burris Sig rings were made? The inserts are almost Gauranteed China. All i can say is they Work EXCEPTIONAL On my HEAVY Recoiling 300 Win Mag. This 300 Kicks WAY Harder than my Knight Mountaineer .45/1:20 Did, NO COMPARISON! And i Shot Big Lead

I went and checked mine, sure enough made in China. Real fine print on the back of the pkg.:wall:

I think i will just try the Maxima Horizontal or regular XTRs. Really like that the Horizontals use 2 torx to tighten the rings to the base and they are steel too. Vortex has something similar in aluminum also.

Cabelas has them for $55 and just so happens i got $11.50 in cabelas bucks too. :p Even made in US of A

Machined from 7075 T6 aluminum and anodized matte black. Not sure if that better than 6061 or not.
vtx_rac_prorings_pr1-l_fr_w.jpg

I think i will just try the Maxima Horizontal or regular XTRs. Really like that the Horizontals use 2 torx to tighten the rings to the base and they are steel too. Vortex has something similar in aluminum also.

Cabelas has them for $55 and just so happens i got $11.50 in cabelas bucks too. :p Even made in US of A

Machined from 7075 T6 aluminum and anodized matte black. Not sure if that better than 6061 or not.

Those look good :lewis: 7075 is Tougher

7075 sounds mo betta

Mechanical Properties
Both 6061 and 7075 are heat-treatable, so their mechanical properties cannot be compared accurately without assuming the same type of heat treatment. When looking at both alloys in the -T6 condition (meaning solution heat-treated then artificially aged), several noticeable differences are observed. First off is that the tensile strength of 7075-T6 is nearly double that of 6061-T6. The shear strength of 7075-T6 is roughly 1.5 times that of 6061-T6. The former is substantially harder as well.

I went and checked mine, sure enough made in China. Real fine print on the back of the pkg.:wall:

I hate that to herschel! But they are Good Rings :lewis: I just bought a New Coletti Boseman Perculator Coffee Pot, Proud as pete of it! Then i read “Designed in Kansas, Crafted in JIANGMEN” it didn’t Say China? :D:D How many people are gonna look up JIANGMEN? Since it was Designed in Kansas, it must of been made in JIANGMEN Kansas right? :p

What about Nightforce 6 Screws like i just Got, These things are the BOMB :lewis: Extreme Duty, Titanium Jaws, You can even Ad a Ring halve Level :cool:
7oCjVrJl.jpg

rDSOi5T.jpg

CoiwbdZl.jpg

I have a Set of Burris Signature Rings on my Rem 700 .300 Win Mag, They have the inserts, they are ”Twist in” Dovetail like Leupold, The Front anyway. I think these inserts are ingenious, AWESOME!! And you talk about holding up to some VIOLENT Recoil, this Plastic Stocked .300 Win Mag KICKS Like a MULE! These Signature Rings with inserts Really GRIP n Hold the Scope, Yet NO WORRIES of Over Torquing and Damaging the Tube, internals. I have BEAT the Daylights out of mine on this .300 Magnum and it Holds Zero like a ROCK :lewis:

Like these, except mine are the “Twist in” Dovetail like Leupold. But these have the Same inserts I am talking about. I am not Super Crazy about the 1 Screw on these That lock the Cross lock, But being Burris, I’m sure they are fine
Thats what i got for my 300 win mag too !!! Love em !!! 30mm with a zeiss diavari(sp) 1.5x6x42mm. I got a real thing for low power scopes --even on looonnng shots !!! Rubber inserts help dampen recoil to protect scope yet another way again besides crush or marks . Good stuff !!! Scope is damn near like having night vision .

Last edited:

Lewis if you want to stiffen up that flexy flyer factory stock check out Terminal Ballistic Research from New Zealand ( great site ) . They got The Stuff that pours in and greatly increases accuracy by strenghtening the stock . Pretty lite too !!! Works good . Available for N. America out of Canada from [email protected]
Fairly cheap and it WORKS !!!.

Last edited:

vtx_rac_prorings_pr1-l_fr_w.jpg
My money will always look to steel first if i have a choice . Thhe ones that lewis has on that knight in his pics are really nice too.

And way more than i want to spend on rings i dont have to get. Plus those are 30mm and i dont think NF sells 1" rings.

The Warnes i got are good for mid priced rings. Its just if you have to take the scope off you also loosen the scope in the rings. Cross hairs can shift ect. I would also like more base contact with the rings...Basically a wider ring than the regular MAXIMA or Horizontal. The Warnes 6 screw does both but its a stinking $100 too and they stopped making them in 1".

And way more than i want to spend on rings i dont have to get. Plus those are 30mm and i dont think NF sells 1" rings.

The Warnes i got are good for mid priced rings. Its just if you have to take the scope off you also loosen the scope in the rings. Cross hairs can shift ect. I would also like more base contact with the rings...Basically a wider ring than the regular MAXIMA or Horizontal. The Warnes 6 screw does both but its a stinking $100 too and they stopped making them in 1".
Warnes are very good rings !!! Not really any youve mentioned are bad at all.

Think you might find them somewhere as new old stock ??? Kinda sounds like you really want something different .

Latest posts

Back