Weaver to bushnell

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
I had a weaver 3x9x40 grand slam rocky mtn elk edition scope go bad . It wont hold a zero, it was a 400 doller plus scope a few years ago. Apparently Bushnell is now handling Weavers lifetime warranty issues. So I sent my scope to bushnell with notes as to what the issue was and to contact me before any work took place . My scope arrived at their factory on 11/22. I didn't hear anything from bushnell and on 12/22 on my door step is a new scope . BUT it is a bushnell trophy 3x9x40 scope. Value is 149.00 and I found it even cheaper on line . The fit ,feel,finish and glass doesn't even seem close to the same class as the weaver . . That said I'm going to use the trophy any pro cons to it . It does get fairly good reviews for a cheaper scope .

Last edited:
Bummer for sure. Too bad there was no communication. You definitely got a raw deal. The could have sent you a scope of equal value.

I’d be pissed and wouldn’t let this go. I like Bushnells mid and high level scopes but not the low end Trophy series. Your weaver grand slam is 5 times the scope a Bushnell trophy is. I would email or call them back and demand nicely a scope of equal value.

Only scopes Bushnell offers that are comparable are the Elites. I would be pretty bent if they sent a Trophy to replace a Grand Slam.

Call them & negotiate a better deal. Tell them that you refuse to accept a cheaper scope to replace yours.

Greg

All current Bushnell 3x9s are lower end stuff. I didnt see any Japanese made 3x9s on their website. The only current Elites are Elite Tacticals and those are a lot of $$$$$s.

Tell them you will take a older Elite 3500, 4200 or 4500 if they got some. Those are all excellent scopes.

They don't offer much on their web site that I would rate comparable. Elites are not even shown on web site that I see. Most are geared towards AR and long range

Back