Well here it is........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how long it will take before they are available for sale, not that I am interested in one, same with the break action coming out.

It should be someone that has a supply of rifle primers already on hand. Lol.

You know, that might be the biggest deterrent for me. I'd like to go to a good bolt action, but if I got the Paramount right now I don't know when I'd be able to shoot it. I'm sitting comfortably on 209s for a few years or more but I don't know that I have much for other primers and I haven't seen a primer on a store shelf for a couple months. It doesn't sound like that's going to change soon.

They got horrible twist rates. 1:22 and 1:20 "
Better by far would be 1:20 and 1:16
And I'll bet you the bore will be like the Paramount...oversize by several thousandths so their ELR's will shoot well but everybody else's bullets will have to be knurled to fit the bore. Good for CVA ELR bullet sales...not so good for the consumer.

Is this still the same plunger style inside bolt as the Paramount?

You know, that might be the biggest deterrent for me. I'd like to go to a good bolt action, but if I got the Paramount right now I don't know when I'd be able to shoot it. I'm sitting comfortably on 209s for a few years or more but I don't know that I have much for other primers and I haven't seen a primer on a store shelf for a couple months. It doesn't sound like that's going to change soon.
Well don’t let the primer issue hold you back. I happen to know a guy less than 20 mins away from you that will gladly donate a couple hundred primers to get you going.

SuperKirby. You in Michigan????

No, I’m in MN. I have a nice smokeless Encore. I’ve been wanting a bolt action for quite awhile. I had almost talked myself into selling me Encore sans scope and buying a Remington UML. Now I see that the UMl is basically nonexistent after the Remington bankruptcy and the ones that are available have gotten quite expensive. The Paramount HTR has some potential, but a few drawbacks I’m still sorting out to see if it’s something I really want to pursue. Primer availability is one thing. Powder availability is another. I haven’t see BH209 for awhile but 777 is still pretty plentiful.

Latest posts

Back