What .50cal bullet?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjones7deerhunter

Reaction score
I am still new to hunting with a muzzleloader compared to most of the people in my family and hunting group. I have shot many different guns from Traditions, CVA, to TC. I started out with Powerbelt bullets and now use Hornady. Both have dropped deer in their tracks, but I wanted to know if there was any suggestions of bullets I should try. (250 grain)

What kind of rifle are we talking? Depending on the brand there are a number of bullets that could be suggested.

I shoot a Traditions .50cal Lightning Bolt-Action with a 28" stainless fluted barrel and a custom compensator. I also use 150 grains (3 pellets) of Tripple 7 powder.

Hi, Another new guy here. I also hunt with a Traditions, Lightening rifle. I've read that Traditions aren't very good but I love this one Reliable and accurate. "Hammer of Thor" on every deer I've shot with it. I shoot the 250 grain, Shock Wave, Spire Point Bullet sold by Thompson Center. 150 grains of Pyrodex, and musket caps. Accurate and with a good rest I can hit 3# coffee cans at 200 yards

Latest posts

Back