What a blast!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking421a

Reaction score
Thanks to the help of several of you here answering my newbie questions I was able to take this cow elk. This was my first Muzz hunt. Shot her at 66 yds with an Omega, a 348 powerbelt aerotip and two 777 pellets. I have to say I was very impressed with this combination. I double lunged her as she was just slightly quartering away. The powerbelt entered right behind the left shoulder and out through her right shoulder blade. Complete pass through. The damage to her lungs was awesome. This being my first muzz experience I was quite impressed. Thanks again to those of you who took the time to answer the questions I had and will probably have lots more in the future.

09-27-05cowelk005.jpg
[/img]

Hey Viking!
Nice looking cow there! I can tell the Powerbelt did a fine job with all that blood everywhere! Where were you hunting?

Thanks for the report!

Very nice, I had luck this year Elk hunting as well almost same load only 115 grains of T7 348 grain aerotip
Redclub

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see what kind of muzz tag I can draw for next year.

BIG6X6-this was in Nevada, near Pioche. We aren't allowed to use scopes here so with 100yds about my max open sights I will probably stick with the powerbelts. Thanks for you help!

Congrats!!

I havent had anything refuse one of those 348 PowerBelt Aerotips yet! :lol:

WOW!! I will say that combination did a number on her. I bet that one did not go too far. Excellent shot... congratulations..

Back