What a difference good sights make!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Hawken now has a TC aperture ( thanks Browndogz) and my groups are extremely consistent and roughly half their previous average size.
Strange as that TC sight looks, its actually a nifty, easily maintained instrument.
This Hawken is now a rifle to be reckoned with.
Plump Tasties beware...

My Hawken now has a TC aperture ( thanks Browndogz) and my groups are extremely consistent and roughly half their previous average size.
Strange as that TC sight looks, its actually a nifty, easily maintained instrument.
This Hawken is now a rifle to be reckoned with.
Plump Tasties beware...
I just added a T/C Tang peep sight to my flintlock Renegade. I also am in the process of adding a hooded target front sight on with a cross hair insert, should be as good as using a scope. Whitetails Beware!!

Peep sights are an ABSOLUTE must for me, Without them, my Rifles would be just barely above useless to me. I can’t shoot a Regular Buckhorn style Rear sight, and bead front sight worth a Darn anymore, I see a Blurry Mess. My eyesight has really gone down hill over the years. Good/Quality sight setups are VERY IMPORTANT

Quality sights are absolutely necessary. Next is knowing how to use them properly. In my old age, the eyes have declined a bit. To get everything to where it needs to be using irons, I wear 1x readers from the dollar store with a Merit diopter device. The 1x readers get the front post clear and the Merit fools the eye into thinking the aperture is clear as well. For me this combo works great.

Latest posts

Back