What a winter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I don't know.....that guy has something I don't, I know that for sure. All balls, no brains in my book. Darwin award winner.

I work in Mankato Mn, 25 miles from home. I left for work on Sat and didn't get back home till last night. A friend had opened up my driveway, Thank God to be home and thank God for friends. It is bad out there!

Not quite as bad here Encore. This pile is right next to the driveway and is 66" right now.

khOEJCO.jpg

You'll notice I ain't smiling. That's how much I like this crap.

Not quite as bad here Encore. This pile is right next to the driveway and is 66" right now.

khOEJCO.jpg

You'll notice I ain't smiling. That's how much I like this crap.

Oh, hang on! They're saying we have another one coming this next weekend.

How much ice do you have under all that? We were able to get an inch or more off the driveway with a lot of salt, but every place else is ice under the snow. I keep watch on a couple cabins, neither of which I can get to. The rain turned to ice we had before the winds and snow, made it impossible to get equipment in or out unless its large equipment. The best I can do for the cabin owners is to just make sure no one has walked in.

Years ago i almost moved to White Bear Lake MN. Its pics like these that make me happy i didnt get that job even though i would have been traveling a ton.

I haven't seen bare concrete in the drive the whole month of February Encore. Small areas maybe but the weather history all month has been to warm up and melt things enough to clear a little, then rain, freeze and snow like a banshee again. It's just miserable crap this year. We've had thunder snow here three times in February alone. Freaky stuff to see quarter sized flakes blowing sideways and having lightning and thunder at the same time.

White Bear, eh, GM? Be happy you didn't make the move to that area. I like you and your personality right where you are. White Bear would change you to a muttering radical. They hate anyone with a gun of any kind. They hate people with fishing poles. They're bad up there.

I had 2" of fluff this morning and shoveled it....all 4 of the properties. Then I took the two feet of snow off the mailbox and did some more cleanup around the area so our illustrious mail man can get in to drop mail.

The neighbor and I were just talking out in the sun and we noticed drips on the ice hanging on my eaves. First drips I have seen in a week. Personally I'd settle for 70 degrees and sun with nighttime lows in the 40's.

I called to find out the status of the gun club I belong to and I guess they haven't even cleared the lot there so on a beautiful dal like today with temps around 12 degrees I can't even go shoot. Ain't much happening in the park behind the house and the walking trail is plowed so I guess I could set a target up out yonder.....lol. Our town shut down on Saturday night and today showed the first real signs of business as usual. You can drive around quite a bit here in town and not come across bare pavement. The streets are all ice and hard pack snow covered....and everyone wants to drove 40. Ma and went to the mall this morning for our walk, ran a couple grocery errands and then home where I can sit and watch idiots slide around. Great entertainment to enjoy a finger or two of good bourbon while taking in the escapades of the mindless.

Northern Maine has record snowfall this winter, further south we have plenty. In 65 years I don't remember wind like we have had! Going to Louisiana hog shooting Monday, when I get back it will be time to tap trees.
Nit Wit

Tom, This pic shows a fella with a VERY “worn thin” sense of Humor :D

You ain't just spinnin in schnit bud! My idea of a good winter is picture of snow on a postcard. I want brown ground and 70 degrees at 7AM and little pokes of green coming thru the brown. I have no sense of humor with this winter anymore. Got more coming tomorrow.

I surely do feel sorry for the you people up north, having to deal with the weather conditions. I didn’t comprehend what you all deal with until reading these posts. Hang in there spring is just around the corner.

I surely do feel sorry for the you people up north, having to deal with the weather conditions. I didn’t comprehend what you all deal with until reading these posts. Hang in there spring is just around the corner.

April 17, 2018...……….. Depends on when spring actually really does get here. We had no spring last year.

Storm of April 2018.jpg

Spring has sprung in Albuquerque! The crocus are blooming, and it was 70 degrees here yesterday. Going javelina hunting in a couple of weeks, and I'll have to pack summer clothes. I feel for all you guys that live up north. Dark, cold, and snowy. If I want to play in the snow, it is only an hour away on top of the mountain, but I find once every couple of years is plenty. Hope you have an early spring, and send some of that snow this way, we need the water. My favorite lake (Lake Powell) is down 150 feet.

North Idaho is very well known for Big Snowfall, I moved here knowing EXACTLY what i was getting in to, Big Snow Fall, Long winters, equals less people :lewis: That’s why i moved here. I wish we would get 6-7 Ft Every year, California (Prune Pickers as the locals refer to them) Are starting to Get Comfy with these piddly 2-3 ft years :)

North Idaho is very well known for Big Snowfall, I moved here knowing EXACTLY what i was getting in to, Big Snow Fall, Long winters, equals less people :lewis: That’s why i moved here. I wish we would get 6-7 Ft Every year, California (Prune Pickers as the locals refer to them) Are starting to Get Comfy with these piddly 2-3 ft years :)
I'm (we) are just glad we didn't settle in Marquette, where they have 17' of snow already this year. Of course Marquette gets just blasted with "lake affect" snow every year.
Well, you have to learn to enjoy winter in some ways...…….

winter18.jpg

LOL. I don't know.....that guy has something I don't, I know that for sure. All balls, no brains in my book. Darwin award winner.

GEEZ! I didn’t see that guy climbing that Frozen Waterfall til just a few minutes ago, That’s plum NUTS!!

I don't know what you guys are complaining about! Here is Easton, PA, we just got dumped a whole total of 4 inches!! That's the most we got all winter. :p However, heard we may get another 4-10" Sunday night? :(:D This white stuff can't last much longer. Unless you're shooting a White ML! :)

Latest posts

Back