what broadhead will you be using for deer this year ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
i'm looking at the sevr robusto and grim reaper pro series whitetail extreme or their whitetail special .
i'll be using a barnett DRT405 (xp400 with a different paint job) with a vortex crossfire 2 crossbow scope.
will be my first year hunting deer . i'm really liking the 3 and 4 blade GR's for their cut pattern and i know they'll need dental bands for crossbow use . but i like the lower profile of the robusto and the screw to use it similar to a broadhead so it doesn't tear up the target and dull the blades .
anyhow ..... what will you folks be using ?

Grim reaper micro hybrid 125s hybrid 100s and grave digger hybrid 100s. I’ve had great results with all 3 on big Kansas whitetails. The grim reapers are scary sharp out of the pack. You might have to touch up the gravediggers but they will get real sharp too. IMO hybrids are the way to go. If there’s a problem with the mechanical the 2 fixed blades will do the job.

i'm looking at the sevr robusto and grim reaper pro series whitetail extreme or their whitetail special .
i'll be using a barnett DRT405 (xp400 with a different paint job) with a vortex crossfire 2 crossbow scope.
will be my first year hunting deer . i'm really liking the 3 and 4 blade GR's for their cut pattern and i know they'll need dental bands for crossbow use . but i like the lower profile of the robusto and the screw to use it similar to a broadhead so it doesn't tear up the target and dull the blades .
anyhow ..... what will you folks be using ?

Back