What is the best way to extend a butt stock?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPrather

Reaction score
Curious to see what is the best way to extend a butt stock? I have a Browning Xbolt Micro Hunter in 7-08 that was my sons when he was small. The length of pull is 12.5in and it has a 20in barrel. I would like to extend the length of pull to 13.5-14in. It would be just like a Rem model 7. It would be a great little woods gun.

If it didn’t have a recoil pad, I’d buy a thick one and some black spacers, but since it probably already has one, I’d buy a new adult length stock. I’ve seen a lot of stocks that have had wood added to them and they all look like stocks that have had wood added to them.

My boy has killed 7 or 8 deer with this little gun growing up and I have killed a couple. He is 17 now and I bought him a full size 308. But this is a awesome little gun. My plans are keeping this gun and giving it to my grand kid some day to hunt with. So my grand kid can hunt with and kill deer with the gun his dad did growing up. Hopefully it’s a few years before I get one. So I really don’t want to change the stock I have already thought about that. I paid good money for this little gun because it’s nice with the intentions of passing it down from the start. His first rifle at 7 was a cheap plastic stocked 243. Which worked fine but wasn’t exactly a family air loom or nothing.

I thought about having a gunsmith build a 1in wood adapter. But I think I like the plastic adapters and bigger recoil pad better. Me and my boy might as well add a few more memories to this gun instead of it just setting in the gun cabinet.

Sims or Hogue slip-on, maybe some foam core board spacers between existing butt pad & slip-on, and if needed you can wrap a little gaffer tape to hold it on. Actual gaffer tape - not duct tape - won't leave any residue on the stock unless you leave it on for 3-4 years. Cheap and instantly removable way to stretch the stock for yourself without any gunsmithing required. Or throw $200 at a new stock from Browning, https://www.browning.com/content/da...s-price-list/parts/2013/12-arn-432-x-bolt.pdf

Latest posts

Back