What is Your Favorite Modern Inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long range hunting - Remington 700ML converted to 45 cal
1yq70zl.jpg

Closer in hunting - CVA Apex 45-70 converted to 45 cal muzzleloader
3mC4HKt.jpg

BlackHorn 209 hunting/target shooting - Knight Disc Elite 45 cal
c4s0id1.jpg

I havent used to many different ones, but my .50 Knight UL is my fave, it fits me and an easy carrying gun, I'm 5'6", 165LBs and 67yrs old

At 100 yards my V2 Accura is a super tight group shooter and goes hunting a lot. More and more I find myself taking the V2 Optima pistol to the stand though and it too is a very accurate gun with the load I use in it. Most of my deer are taken around or under 35-40 yards. I have a CVA Kodiak .45 cal which is very accurate that I take occasionally if I am hunting other than my usual stand and the ground is flat.... the Kodiak is the heaviest of all my guns and I won't haul that up my mountain.

My favorite was the T/C Black Diamond XR took a many of deer with it. CVA Accura MR is getting some love. Light and easy carry. Love my Omega but I have not used it in the field much. But she`s accurate. Nice to have options.

Remington 700 MLS converted to .45. I still like my Knight DISC Elite .45, but it hasn't made it to the woods in years.

Last edited:
T/c omegas…I have more of them than I’ll ever truly need..but I love the simplicity and the durability of them, and they shoulder very well..

Next would be my mk-85 .54 cal…it’s the oldest in-line I have and has the best trigger by far

3rd would be the t/c black diamond..I have 2, one is the millennium edition and it’s a tack driver and very well handling in the woods

I just got my first muzzleloader yesterday, went with the CVA Accura LR-X .50 cal from www.muzzle-loaders.com. I haven't stretched the legs on it just yet, started at 50 yds to make sure it was shooting straight. Out of the box it was about 6 inches low but pretty good right to left. I found out real quick it liked 150 grains of the Hodgdon Triple 7 pellets paired with the Hornady Bore Driver FTX bullets. I will be trying some different bullets in the spring and really get this thing zeroed in for some longer shots. But from the looks of it, this thing is going to be a shooter. If anyone has the same gun and suggestions on loads/bullets, I am all ears. Only took 6 shots with it but could have spent the entire day shooting if I had the time. And I have to give www.muzzle-loaders.com a shout out for excellent customer service. I had a couple questions after placing the order, had an email response back within an hour.

Attachments

• CVA.jpg
    CVA.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • CVA first shot.png
    CVA first shot.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just got my first muzzleloader yesterday, went with the CVA Accura LR-X .50 cal from muzzle-loaders.com. I haven't stretched the legs on it just yet, started at 50 yds to make sure it was shooting straight. Out of the box it was about 6 inches low but pretty good right to left. I found out real quick it liked 150 grains of the Hodgdon Triple 7 pellets paired with the Hornady Bore Driver FTX bullets. I will be trying some different bullets in the spring and really get this thing zeroed in for some longer shots. But from the looks of it, this thing is going to be a shooter. Again this is my first one but man this thing is addicting. Only took 6 shots with it but could have spent the entire day shooting if I had the time.
Welcome to the addiction, and welcome aboard. thats how it starts.
That is a mighty fine group there, I think you got a shooter. Lots of guys on here have worked up several different loads I'm sure that Accura LR is popular to say the least.

Welcome to the addiction, and welcome aboard. thats how it starts.
That is a mighty fine group there, I think you got a shooter. Lots of guys on here have worked up several different loads I'm sure that Accura LR is popular to say the least.
Thanks. It is definitely and addiction. Looking forward to finding out how accurate this thing will be at longer distances. I am hoping this thing will still be grouping strong at 200 yds. Most of my shots on whitetail will be within 200 yds, 250 yds max for the ground I hunt. I cleaned this one up and put her in the safe last night after shooting. But man I want to get her dirty again!

Thanks. It is definitely and addiction. Looking forward to finding out how accurate this thing will be at longer distances. I am hoping this thing will still be grouping strong at 200 yds. Most of my shots on whitetail will be within 200 yds, 250 yds max for the ground I hunt. I cleaned this one up and put her in the safe last night after shooting. But man I want to get her dirty again!
Welcome Midwesthunter.
Keep in mind when cleaning, if you get blowby back into the breech around the primer, you need to clean the trigger area and the firing pin bushing and spring pocket. Keep them clean in there so the trigger doesnt get stiff and the firing pin wont stick.

Hands down and walking away, my T/C Firehawk, stainless/ walnut, .50 caliber, 24 inch 1-38 twist. No QLA.
Good looking, points like my finger and amazingly accurate.
Also goes BOOM every time. Lit with #11s and fed Holy Black. She likes sabots and conicals.
Ne're to be parted with...
I just bought this exact same gun, new unfired. Hopeing conical’s shoot good.

Latest posts

Back