What muzzleloaders can shoot smokeless? Any sidelocks?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I weighed the parts of the Firestick I took apart.

The whole thing was 165 grains

empty plastic case and cap 104 grains

This reveals there was only 61 grains by weight of BH209 (Triple 8) in the cartridges I have.

I know they are now making a Firestick with more propellant.

I went to the website to check out the Firestick and Nitrofire. As far as me, it ain't for me.

I am designing a modified breech plug to turn an ordinary 50 caliber inline into something similar to the Nitrofire system, with the breech plug acting as a chamber for a modified 460 S&W magnum case. I am going to put a setscrew in the chamber, just in front of the breech plug to prevent loading a bullet from the breech.

Stuck with buying capsules, specialized gun, breech plug and no versatility. No thanks, I will stick with my CVA Scout 45-70 conversion.

If I tried what these fellars did at the 3:40 mark ( loading a recently fired cap gun straight from the container ) .......my viewers would crucify me for such an unsafe practice.

I guess you can do that and get away with it when you have a million subscribers.....
You will get there.

Back