What options available for a 1X scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcssgt

Reaction score
My state (WA) is discussing allowing 1X fixed scopes on muzzleloaders this year. Not really finding anything that fits the description. Cannot have electrical power.

What about a red dot or holographic sight?
Are those going to be allowed as well?
If I were not able to use a magnified optic that is the way that I would go. When the situation allows me to do so, I like to shoot with both eyes open and the above sighting options would allow me to do so.

I have several used ones, I think. I know I have a Burris Scout 1x. I’ll have to look. Traditions made one, Nikon made one, Simmons made one and a couple of others I think.

I have a 1x from Gil Hebard made by Burris. I believe he was the first pistol shooter at Camp Perry to use a scope on a pistol. I may be wrong, cuz I’m not an expert by any means! LOL

My state (WA) is discussing allowing 1X fixed scopes on muzzleloaders this year. Not really finding anything that fits the description. Cannot have electrical power.
CenterPoint Walmart brand made one . They are ugly and heavy . Seem to work though.

The one I have on my 77/50 is a Swift. Long out of production. If WA comes through, I bet some mfgr. will take a hard look at a limited run.

On looking in my closet, I found the box for the 1x scope. It was sold wearing the Traditions name. Model #A1141

I used the Sightron on my Encore when I did my Muzzy Elk hunt in UT a few years ago. It worked well.

I spoke to a guy who has an "in" with a mfgr. Said he broached the issue 2 years ago. No interest at all. Oh well...

The Nikon Buckmaster is an excellent 1x scope. It has a little longer eye relief than a standard rifle scope. About two inches more. Perfect for some muzzleloaders, AR's or some hard kicking safari type rifles.

I have two and they have held up to lots of recoil on centerfire 454's and 50's.. They are discontinued (like all Nikon scopes) but they show up on ebay once in a while.

You could take a variable scope and either pin or epoxy the power ring so it cannot move.
I asked the game warden and he said NO in colorado. So I am in a bind. Red dot in a dim forest or early and late just blots out the entire target area. Horrible. Have a sightmark but it wont adjust now. Anyone have new news about a 1x

I asked the game warden and he said NO in colorado. So I am in a bind. Red dot in a dim forest or early and late just blots out the entire target area. Horrible. Have a sightmark but it wont adjust now. Anyone have new news about a 1x
I don't know if it's allowed but I have a Bushnell Trophy that is 1.75x4x32 that I've had for over 10 years and it's a great little scope with the circle x reticle.

Back