What scope base for Knight Ultra Lite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the EWG base isn't in stock . is there another budget friendly (under 50ish) base anyone would care to recommend ?

Not aware of any less expensive rails for DISC rifles. Talley and Loopie sell some better cheaper rails but not for Knights. Sure wish Talley would offer their "two piece picatinny" for Knights. That could be the hot ticket if they used all 3 rear holes.

what about a two piece mount ? or is that a no-no on MLs ?
I have two piece bases on my Mountaineer. I believe they are for Remington 541 ? Then just put whatever rings you want on. Mine are weaver style.

Its not a no no unless you cant move your scope around enough to get your eye relief right. Thats much easier to do when you got more than 3 ring positions. Two piece Warnes steel bases work great......With the right scope. You literally only got 1 choice in front and 2 choices in the rear base to set your rings. You might not be happy with them and a 4" eye relief scope.

When i set mine, i close my eyes and bring the stock upto firing position. Then open my eyes. The scope needs to work there or super close to there.

I believe they are for Remington 541 ?
Correct, i think any 2 piece bases for a 541 will fit but the rails WONT. Weaver might still make some with a off center cross slot. You can turn it around to gain a little more mounting room. Those would be a Grand Slam steel base iirc.

Back