What scope base for Knight Ultra Lite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2nd to last hole on mine still has a very thin bit of metal. I meen i can clean it up to look "ok" but it dont look like Lewis's. I do like the added engraving but its not a deal breaker unless it had added MOA. Im sure he was slammed with orders for Christmas. The rest of the rail is just gorgeous.
mTejPAm.jpg

The 2nd to last hole on mine still has a very thin bit of metal. I meen i can clean it up to look "ok" but it dont look like Lewis's. I do like the added engraving but its not a deal breaker unless it had added MOA. Im sure he was slammed with orders for Christmas. The rest of the rail is just gorgeous.
mTejPAm.jpg

Mine was a 20 MOA Base, I bet that’s the Difference? Yours looks AWESOME, it looks super easy to clean up (Bummer he didn’t do that, i bet he was Busy and missed it?) If it bothers you, and you are not comfortable cleaning it up, I would contact him, Show him this Picture, I’ll bet Cameron makes it right PRONTO

I wont bother him until after the holiday. If he makes me a good deal on another base i will just clean this one up myself. Sell me one at half price that has all the screw holes dressed up nice and i would be totally happy.

Every stinking place on the planet is out of the TPS XRT rings in 30mm super lows. Got my eye on that Veracity and move the DB HP to the Super DISC.

I got my rail in. Looks great!
Between the rifle receiver and the new base, there is a very slight difference. A tiny wobble. Almost not enough to not notice, but I might just bed the scope base anyway.
Looking forward to getting everything mounted up.

UPDATE: e-mailed Cameron Murphy. Couple things to note (1) he has changed the way he counterbores the holes on the knight pattern and has been manually cleaning up the slots like mine that he missed (2) he just started engraving the knight rails after that ”extra slot” has been added and (3) he has offered to make me another rail and make sure the edges are dressed up.

He said the new rail won’t be made until after the holidays, which is understandable. I hope the shipping gets better but have a feeling it wont... Ordered the rail on 12/2 I think, shipped 12/11 (2 day USPS) and I got it today...

Of other interest if anyone cares the rail came in at 4.5oz even.
Is that 4.5 oz the stainless or titanium rail?

Got my scope rail bedded and installed. (Between the rifle and the scope base, I had a couple of thou difference at the back end.) Nice and snug, now to get some rings! Looks like the NF are really the only reasonably priced really low ring mounts.

Seekins lows are pretty low (.820 to center of a 30mm tube) and about $130. Very high quality rings too.

Last edited:
NF low 30mm rings are .885 to the center of the scope tube. I found them for about $80.
But those Seekins (which I have on other rifles) chop off quite a bit off of that! Wow.

Hey hey hey.Got word from Cameron that my rail for my mountaineer went out yesterday.Thanks to my younger brother I was able to achieve the funds to buy the rail I have talked about.My brother said he got tired of seeing the barrel being bead blasted and the scope rings being s.s.and the mount a 2 piece black scope mount.Not only am I glad he is now happy too.Good brothers are nice to have.

Hey hey hey.Got word from Cameron that my rail for my mountaineer went out yesterday.Thanks to my younger brother I was able to achieve the funds to buy the rail I have talked about.My brother said he got tired of seeing the barrel being bead blasted and the scope rings being s.s.and the mount a 2 piece black scope mount.Not only am I glad he is now happy too.Good brothers are nice to have.
That's a good brother right there. My rail is out for delivery and should be here this afternoon.

Just checked the tracking number and shows delivery on Monday.I saw where some guys have bedded the rail base to the barrel.Is that something I may have to do?Yes,he trys to look after the older brother like an old mother hen.

John has a really good video on scope base bedding.
Mine probably didn't need it, just a couple thou off on the back. The rail itself is certainly strong enough to not flex, but it would still bug me.

Bedding bases and lapping the rings have become a standard for scope installation for me. I’m too old and set in my ways to change now.

Got my Murphys scope base this afternoon.Checked for space between the barrell and base on both end and saw no daylight.Tried to run a dollar bill between them and could not do it.I did put blue loc-tite on the threads of the bolts for the base.Looks great!!.I do not know how to transfer pictures from my phone to the forum.Thanks to Cameron and all the information fromevery one.:woohoo:

Great thread.....glad I found it!

Sorry to bump seven month old thread, but I'm exactly at the same spot:

Knight Mountaineer...probably going to order a Murphy base 0 MOA.

What scope rings did you all wind up using / like?

Thanks in advance.

Back