what scope mount bases are these ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
these came on the optima i was given , they're for a 1 inch tube . i asked Steve but he doesn't remember and thinks they came with the gun as a scoped package . they seem fine and i have no issues with them . however i keep looking at new scopes and most of what i'm interested in have 30mm tubes . i'm reluctant to change the bases because when i took off the metal tube thingy that holds the cleaning rod that screw broke off . no biggie since i was gonna leave it off anyhow and keep a range rod with me . but if one of these base screws breaks off i'll have to pay someone to fix it :( . anyhow i cant find pics of these bases online , but if i could find 30mm rings to fit them that would make life much easier if i decide i do want a different scope .

there's 2 holes in each base and the hex bolt goes through the hole and threads/tightens up with threads on the other side of the mount squeezing the sides of the mount to the base .

thanks , jeff

1659638622417.png

No clue as to what mounts, but be aware many who mount scopes use Loc-Tite (or similar) adhesive to ensure the mounts remain secure to barrel or receiver. Gunsmiths on here might be helpful at this point.

If Weaver style base are mounted on the rifle, you can just get 30mm weaver rings yo fit. I wouldn’t go higher than medium high rings. Me personally I like low rings even with 30mm scopes.

Probably old DuraSight bases/rings. CVA branded but made by DuraSight IIRC

Base and style looks a lot like these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353030024952
s-l1600.jpg

i went to H&Y in richlands and trader jerrys in pounding mill and showed them pics , one guy thought it might be a discontinued lepould mount and that no rings are available in any size for them . both places had 2 piece bases they said would fit and that they would take off the old ones and put the new ones on torqued with Loctite if i buy their bases . one was 15ish and the other 20ish for the bases .

Probably old DuraSight bases/rings. CVA branded but made by DuraSight IIRC

Base and style looks a lot like these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353030024952
s-l1600.jpg
YES ! that's them !
U Da Man GM :)

EGW dropped their price for the pic rail to $41.58 (29.99 +10 S&H + tax)
https://www.egwguns.com/cva-inline-accura-muzzleloader-picatinny-rail46600 is supposed to fit my 2003 optima .

1659890941170.png

i'm gonna call my local shops tomorrow and see if one of them can order it because each told me if i buy bases from them they'll take off the current ones and torque/loctite the new base(s) for free .
BTW ..... does a 2 piece base vs a one piece rail have any advantage over each other ?
just my opinion but i think a rail looks better on rifles .....

Rail has more flexible mounting points but im not a fan of the EGW because its extruded 6061 and they dont offer a heavy duty rail for them.

Latest posts

Back