Whens Deer Season Open Anyway ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
:D Well for me in the PA State it will be October 15th! Our Early ML will be my first here. It runs 10/15-22 and all ML's are game. I already blocked the whole week on my Calendar so NUTIN interferes!! :D It is only for Antlerless but really a fine to to enjoy the great outdoors.

Archery:
October 1st - Jan 12th excluding firearm seasons exept muzzleloader only.

Firearm:
November 18, 19, & 20 (first season)
December 1, 2, 3, & 4 (second season)

Muzzleloader :
December 9, 10, 11

Late firearm:
January 13, 14, 15, 2006

The Missouri firearms deer season opens on Sat., Nov. 12 and runs for 11 days. It then reopens again on the Friday following Thanksgiving for 10 days of muzzleloading only season.

For me here in Saskatchewan the season starts Sept 1 for archery. Oct 1 the muzzleloader season starts the the rifle season in Mid November for 3 weeks. Of course you can use your bow through muzzleloader and rifle season. Only rule there is you have to put on complete suit of blaze orange, yellow, red or white during the rifle season. Same for muzzleloader. Just over 3 months to go :D

Here in Ohio our bow season opens the begining of Oct. and runs thru Jan. Shotgun starts the end of Nov.for 7 days . Then muzzleloader comes at the end of Dec. for 4days. I have't seen the exact dates but they never vary by much.

The real season starts Oct 1st ( bow season) My deer season starts about Aug 1 st going out about every night trying to pattern and learn the deer in my area. Looking for the one or trying to pinpoint a couple of deer to hunt. This has really paid off in the last three years.
2002 137 Gross P&Y with a bow on OCT 7th
2003 122 Gross P&Y with a bow on OCT 3Rd
2004 142 Gross B&C with the Savage On Last day of gun season

Morral of the story I had seen and had patterned the top two deer and just had to wait for the right wind. The one deer I shot with the sav, I had seen this deer many of times even got him on video camera, It did not work out during bow season but I knew where he was and got him killed in gun season.. PRESEASON SCOUTING PAYS OFF..

Laker

Well...THIS year, it's going to open for me November 11th because I'm going to TEXAS to hunt! Talk about EXCITED! Don't know exactly WHEN Alabamas season will open...probably around 14th of November for muzzleloader...

Muzzleloader-Nov.20 thru Jan. 31 if you hunt the right WMA'S

Archery-------------Oct 1-------Nov 14 & Dec 1-----Jan 1
General Firearm---Nov 15-----Nov 30
Muzzleloader------Dec 2-------Dec 18

You can use a bow in all seasons as long as you follow the rules for the season you are in. You can use a muzzleloader in the general firearm season.

I'm with you Loggy. I used to start earlier in bow season, but since I don't have that much time to practice anymore, I won't hunt with the bow. I can't see wounding one.

Latest posts

Back