Where's the ammunition?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly what told my buddy.
I have customers like that. I ask them why? They say cause they’s a war a comin. I say you maybe right but you won’t be around because your next door neighbor that knows you are hoarding ammo will shoot you between the eyes with his pellet rifle and walk over and get all your thousands of rounds. Actually had one guy run out of the store to go buy pvc pipe to go start burying ammo!😂

I have customers like that. I ask them why? They say cause they’s a war a comin. I say you maybe right but you won’t be around because your next door neighbor that knows you are hoarding ammo will shoot you between the eyes with his pellet rifle and walk over and get all your thousands of rounds. Actually had one guy run out of the store to go buy pvc pipe to go start burying ammo!😂
WTH? Burying ammo with a war coming? "Hold on, dont shoot for an hour or so while i go dig up some ammo to defend my stockpile with". I wonder what kind of scenario some people are imagining. I think i have a reasonable amount of the calibers i shoot and i keep them secure, but accessible.

Another big contributing factor to the ammo shortage is the Remington ammo plant being closed because of the bankruptcy and sale. That's a lot of capacity removed from the system at a critical time. Hopefully Vista can get them up and running soon.

I was reminded of the time I met a guy at a game dinner about 20 years ago. The subject of guns and ammo naturally came up. This dude told everyone present that he always has 5,000 rounds of ammunition in his car, just in case.
He probably has a tractor trailer truck full in today's world.

Funny know a guy that besides stock pulling in the house also buried ammo and some extra guns. He was waiting for the war or government to come and take things. . Well I wonder if they buried him w/ that stuff. Or dose his family even know where it’s burned. I’ve seen some of his receipts some where for more than I made in a mo. Well it was his Co. money be bought it with. just to bad I never got to help shot it up.

Honestly sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Business is booming but they can't scale up in time and they can't anticipate the need? in addition they don't have any ammo available to ship to stores however they're offering marketing promotions with rebates compounding the problem. If you don't have it why would you try to give people rebates on ammo as if you had a surplus.

Not only that the guy actually speaking seems like an a hole. They probably deserve some of the mail they get they're getting. scale up meet the demand or get out of the business entirely and let somebody else who knows the law of supply and demand come in and take care of the market.

Business is booming making more money than you ever have but you can't scale up to meet demand in any industry that would be an example of poor management. Throw in the towel quit whining that you're making so much money but you can't seem to meet the needs of the people. frankly I could give two squirts whether the stuffs made in the US or overseas.

I live in Arkansas and this is from a thread on a hunting forum I belong to in Arkansas about the Lonoke, Arkansas Remington plant, it was posted yesterday:
"My youngest son was there today working on a piece of equipment and he said everything was running except what he worked on and they were cranking it up as he left. "

Last week a newspaper article, in our only state wide paper, said all 700 furloughed employees had been recalled and more employees were being hired, with production projected to being back up to full capacity by January 1.

I also know a couple of folks who work there and they are telling me the same things.

These businesses should have predicted a global pandemic, 2 to 3 years out. Everyone knew it was coming.
And George Floyd, and the resulting civil unrest? Yeah, totally called that one.

These companies should stockpile the raw materials, contract for the extra square footage, purchase the machinery to keep in long-term storage, and have trained people on retainer. How reckless and irresponsible to the shareholders!

These businesses should have predicted a global pandemic, 2 to 3 years out. Everyone knew it was coming.
And George Floyd, and the resulting civil unrest? Yeah, totally called that one.

These companies should stockpile the raw materials, contract for the extra square footage, purchase the machinery to keep in long-term storage, and have trained people on retainer. How reckless and irresponsible to the shareholders!
Did you predict this 2-3 years out?!? Did do you stockpile like you suggest?!?
From someone who has spent the last 20+ years self employed, margins are thin and doing what you suggest wasn’t practical at the time, but yes, if the ammo manufacturers had had a crystal ball, they would be raking in the profits now.
It’s always easy to gamble with someone else’s money.

................................These companies should stockpile the raw materials, contract for the extra square footage, purchase the machinery to keep in long-term storage, and have trained people on retainer. How reckless and irresponsible to the shareholders!

Those days are long gone and won't be back. All businesses have gone to JIT (Just In Time) for their materials. The just-in-time (JIT) inventory system is a management strategy that aligns raw-material orders from suppliers directly with production schedules. Companies employ this inventory strategy to increase efficiency and decrease waste by receiving goods only as they need them for the production process, which reduces inventory costs. All the auto manufacturers have been using the process for nearly 20yrs.

Those days are long gone and won't be back. All businesses have gone to JIT (Just In Time) for their materials. The just-in-time (JIT) inventory system is a management strategy that aligns raw-material orders from suppliers directly with production schedules. Companies employ this inventory strategy to increase efficiency and decrease waste by receiving goods only as they need them for the production process, which reduces inventory costs. All the auto manufacturers have been using the process for nearly 20yrs.
Its very effective normally. It just isn't good when you get sudden changes in demand. It takes a while for all the manufacturers suppliers to readjust, if they can, before the mfr can really increase production. Then only if their predictions of how long the demand increase will last, are it being a longer term demand. Throw in a change from R to D in the white house and the ammo and firearm companies may be taking a "wait and see" stance before making any big changes.

Its very effective normally. It just isn't good when you get sudden changes in demand. It takes a while for all the manufacturers suppliers to readjust, if they can, before the mfr can really increase production. Then only if their predictions of how long the demand increase will last, are it being a longer term demand. Throw in a change from R to D in the white house and the ammo and firearm companies may be taking a "wait and see" stance before making any big changes.
I haven’t seen any predictions lately, but a couple months ago, the prediction was a year to 18 months to get out of this shortage IF PRESIDENT TRUMP WON. All bets were off if Harris/Biden won... 🤷‍♂️

A guy was bragging I have a friend who works the sporting goods at Walmart when ammo comes in If it's what I need he puts it aside and calls me up He said that and everyone heard him Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut My fiend who also heard him called the manager of the store I don't think he will be getting any more ammo

A guy was bragging I have a friend who works the sporting goods at Walmart when ammo comes in If it's what I need he puts it aside and calls me up He said that and everyone heard him Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut My fiend who also heard him called the manager of the store I don't think he will be getting any more ammo
While I don’t agree with what the guy was doing, tattling ain’t cool in my book.

Did you predict this 2-3 years out?!? Did do you stockpile like you suggest?!?
From someone who has spent the last 20+ years self employed, margins are thin and doing what you suggest wasn’t practical at the time, but yes, if the ammo manufacturers had had a crystal ball, they would be raking in the profits now.
It’s always easy to gamble with someone else’s money.

I was being facetious and hyper-sarcastic to another posting.
People who do not work in the manufacturing world don't understand the processes of what it takes to gear up to increase output, while maintaining quality.

Back