Which Globe Sight T/C Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredMcIntire

Reaction score
Does anyone know if one of the Lyman front globe sights will work with a Thompson Center Hawken .54 caliber percussion rifle ? If so, which one, or what height front sight do I need to be looking for ?

I have an original T/C tang sight that I bought around 1985; however, I did not get the front globe sight at the time. Since I’m older now (much) I’d like to try to use a peep sight setup for my aging eyes.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Does anyone know if one of the Lyman front globe sights will work with a Thompson Center Hawken .54 caliber percussion rifle ? If so, which one, or what height front sight do I need to be looking for ?

I have an original T/C tang sight that I bought around 1985; however, I did not get the front globe sight at the time. Since I’m older now (much) I’d like to try to use a peep sight setup for my aging eyes.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

The ONLY Lyman 17 Series Globe that will NOT work with your TC Hawken is the 17AEU, it is .464 high, and is a European Dovetail (.360) Which is For Metric Dovetails such as Lyman rifles. All other Lyman 17 Series Globes will Work with Your Hawken, as they are American 3/8, .375 :lewis:

The 17AHB is Lyman’s lowest Globe at .404 High (My Favorite)
The 17AMI is .494
The 17AUG is .584

RARELY are these a “Drift in” Fit, They come a Little Big intentionally at around .380, This is so you can properly Fit them to Your Specific Dovetail. I have Fitted MANY of these. I shoot Globe front Sights Exclusively on my Muzzleloaders, My Favorite is the Lyman 17AHB at .404 High, When Zeroed at 100 yards, this Shortest Lyman Globe Allows me to Keep my Tang Peep nice and Low.

Latest posts

Back