White .451 Javelina

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve egan

Reaction score
Hello fellow DWB:
Looking for any information about the White Javelina muzzleloading pistol.
Such as this one I am holding in my hands has stamped on the barrel;
White Armstech Whitetail but I don't know what White spare parts to purchase and
was there an owners manual that came with this pistol?
Also, what loads would you recommend to use in this White Javelina pistol?
Any help and or information is much appreciated.

Steve

Not sure what I am doing but here goes.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.pdf
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3082.pdf
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
Those are cool pistols. Can't speak to what bullets to use but for powder charge, maybe start with about 50 grains [V] of whatever you have, Triple 7, Pyrodex or real black.
Working the charge up a little at a time until you find the most accurate combination.

Those are cool pistols. Can't speak to what bullets to use but for powder charge, maybe start with about 50 grains [V] of whatever you have, Triple 7, Pyrodex or real black.
Working the charge up a little at a time until you find the most accurate combination.
Thank you for the info. Just 1 Javelina but pics are from each side.

Steve

I wanted one back in the day, but couldn't afford it. Then the CVA optima V2 pistol came out so found used one in great shape.
I would guess you're gun will shoot lighter bullets around 250-350 gr. with 60-80gr. powder. I'd use triple 7 3fg or what ever you have for #11 cap's.
Doc White would be a great source for your questions.

I wanted one back in the day, but couldn't afford it. Then the CVA optima V2 pistol came out so found used one in great shape.
I would guess you're gun will shoot lighter bullets around 250-350 gr. with 60-80gr. powder. I'd use triple 7 3fg or what ever you have for #11 cap's.
Doc White would be a great source for your questions.
This Javelina is .451 caliber and stainless with a 14" barrel.
Thank you for your load suggestions.

Steve

In Docs archives, he says the Javelina is a cut down Whitetail rifle. Also from what I can find is that 60 grains of Pyrodex P was his preferred charge.
I did find some information on Doc's web site that stated he used a G Series Whitetail action and made about 50 of the Javelina pistols but they did not sell very well back in 1992.
Thank you for your information.

Steve

Basically that’s all it is but in a pistol stock
Ed, I am going to try some of your bullets with this Javelina pistol next week at my local range.
I posted some pics but for some reason unknown to me not everyone on this forum can see the pics.
Do you have any suggestions on powder and volume?
I just like the looks of this White Javelina pistol!

Steve

Hey Steve I can see your pics on the desk top! Super nice gun, buddy! I'm sure it will be a shooter, like most Whites. Did you find it local?

Morning toytruck :
This Javelina belonged to knight shooter and before him muzzlestuffer and before him Doc White.
I just like the looks of the Javelina and I plan on shooting it this coming week at the local range.
Didn't need another muzzleloader but I wanted another muzzleloader.
Guess it is some sort of sickness but there are worse things to be afflicted with in old age.
Steve

Latest posts

Back